
Friday morning we got up and took Calyn to the zoo. It was the best zoo trip I can remember. The weather was gorgeous (warm in the sun, cool in the shade). Calyn was an ANGEL the whole time. She walked around pointing at all the animals and talking to them. She kept saying, "Bye-bye up-a-nonts" (elephants) and "Nye-Nite Tigers" (because they were sleeping, as usual). It was so freakin' cute! When she got tired of walking, she sat in her stroller with no complaints and munched on snacks. When she was ready to get out of her stroller and walk again, she simply said, "Walk" with no whining or crying! Amazing.

I love how she's patting the baby gorilla's head:)

To top off the day, we had an enjoyable dinner at home and watched Utah whoop up on Alabama. I know I'm gonna offend some of my friends (the Norby's:) by saying this, but I'm kinda a Utah fan. My dad is a huge fan AND I couldn't help but get carried away by the excitment downtown before the game. And then, to have them put the smack down on LSU's enemy, Alabama, made me a follower. Now I should buy a T-shirt and wear it over to the Norby's BYU parties. I love being the Devil's Advocate.
4 comments:
First off, I'm so excited because Darren gave me a Zoo pass for Christmas :) I'm glad Calyn had so much fun. She looks SO adorable in all the pictures. I know Alex will be excited to see her. I'm also super excited to come back to New Orleans weather!! Second, I was rooting for Utah the whole game:) I mean it is my home state :) It took some convincing on Darren's part, but every once in a while I could see that he wanted to cheer for them too (don't tell him :)). I would love to see you wear a U shirt over to our house just so I can see the reaction on Darren's face :)
Fun, Fun, Fun, wish we were there with you!
We haven't brought Allison down to the New Orleans zoo yet. We need to get her down there, I know she'll love it. We'll give y'all a call when we get around to it so we can try and get together. We love hanging out with the Mangums.
Nice, isn't it amazing when the babies are good, and things go smoothly. I'm with Jamie, we need to get our babies down to the New Orleans zoo, too.
Post a Comment