
Our friends, Helen and Zach, got married this past Saturday. Despite the monsoon rain, the couple looked totally happy. That's how you know a marriage will last. When on your wedding day, all that matters is that you're married to your soul's companion. Cakes, flowers, and rain don't matter any more.
One of the reasons I love living in Lousiana is that we can go to a non-family wedding and HAVE family there! Brent and Robin and the Hutchinsons were among the attendees. Sure, there are more exciting places to live, but nothing beats having people you love and love you back around.
I love that Calyn gets to see Uncle Tom and Aunt Robin often. Growing up in a military family, we were hardly ever around extended family. I like that my daughter will have aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents around her regularly. Calyn enjoyed "line dancing" with her Aunt Robin. She stood behind Robin kicking her chubby legs in the air until Robin noticed her and picked her up:)
At the end, Calyn fell and skinned her knee. I did not take this picture. I was en route to save her and Uncle Tom decided to document this momentous event. It only bothers her now when she sees it. We have to keep pants on her so she won't freak out.


7 comments:
The wedding looks like it was lovely. It was held outside during the rain, or after?
I can't believe Zach is old enough to be married! I occasionally gave him rides home from youth events when he wasn't even 16 yet! Man, I am old.
I love being around family, too. I used to swear I'd leave LA as soon as I graduated high school, but then I figured out family is a bit more important then freedom. Now we are so far away and it stinks. I'm glad your daughter gets to have that bond with her family. Lucky little cutie pie!
Ah yes, she's learning early to always pack a snack. Hopefully she's better than me and doesn't pack one on Fast Sunday too.
Love our family! Wish we were all here close, however, planes make it doable!
Wow, i knew that Helen was engaged, but I didn't know she was marrying Zach!! That's awesome. We haven't done such a great job of keeping up with our old 2nd ward buddies :( I was excited to hear the good news!
Thanks for taking pictures. We are sad we missed it but Richie's wedding was too close and we were sick of traveling. Yike we leave again in 10 days for Ali's wedding in UT. AHHHH
Calyn is toooo cute!
That will be a memorable wedding reception, for sure. I washed Ian's pants three times and the knees are still stained from his partying in the gutter. I was so excited to see y'all there. Love you guys.
That pic of Calyn after she fell is classic!
Post a Comment