Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Sentence

Calyn is cutting her canines. She has been the biggest pill the past two days. At 3:30 this afternoon I had had enough (I know I just used my "pet peeve" in writing, but it seems to work for today). After putting her in time-out for FOUR times for hitting me, I was spent. Aaron came home and took over the nightly routine of dinner/bath/bed...which he usually does--it's his only time to spend with her during the week. I went in for prayers and to say goodnight, and after we finished prayers I kissed her and started to leave the room. In the sweetest little voice I heard, "Bye-bye Momma." I turned and looked at her and she was waving at me. I went back, kissed her little hand and said, "I forgive you. I love you." As I left again, she repeated, "Bye-bye Momma."

Bye-bye my sweet Calyn. Sleep well and I love you...no matter what.

5 comments:

TJ-n-Crystal said...

Awwww!!! My first sentence was "I stuck". Apparently I got stuck between the wall and a big chair and my ma ma came and rescued me. What a sweet story to share that will become a wonderful memory.

Paige and Gerald said...

Awww sweet baby. You guys need to come visit soon. Also, I have your pampered chef stuff to give you.

Becky T said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it amazing how they always redeem themselves before bed??? I guess it's a good thing or we'd all sleep terribly! She's such a doll!

The Original Mangums said...

That the sweetest of all precious things children can do. It makes all the difference in tomorrow! Thanks for sharing this with us, we love you three! Love you, Paula, Nana & Mom

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

That is too sweet!!