I've fallen victim to the madness...Twilight. (Sorry Lexi:) When my friend Kristel found out I hadn't read these books, she dashed up her stairs and came down with them saying, "You HAVE to read these." I'm one that usually shys away from overly hyped-up books and movies. BUT, I'm so glad I fell into the trap. I'm hooked. Completely. When I was done with the first book, I thought, "That would make a great movie." My mom then told me that something about that was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. Low and behold, there IS a movie. It's scheduled for release on 12.12.08! I was a little worried that the cast wouldn't resemble what I pictured them in my head. But, they are exactly as I pictured them. I know what movie Aaron is taking me to see for my birthday this year:)

13 comments:
They're addicting, aren't they? I feel the same way about not jumping on the bandwagon, but these books are pretty fun!
FINALLY! Now we have hours of subject matter for conversations on our trip! Mandy has read them all multiple times! Those pictures are HOT. I have a website for you. www.twilightlexicon.com. I've been following the progress of the movie on there. Are you a Jacob or Edward fan?
Booooooo.
I am soo excited that your as excited about this book as I am. The first time I picked up the book and read the back of it I was like..ummm no thank you. And then everyone was hyped up about it and I was like...what's the hype about. But I too am hooked and am hyped about the movies.
Twilight Teaser 1 (59 secs long)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvOhfL4mYw
Twilight Teaser 2 ( 1 min 15 secs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCHbGig30GM
Stacy--Edward for sure!!! Let's see, sexy vampire nuzzling my neck or a short tempered werewolf who turns all hairy?
I too am a huge fan of the series! I am counting down till next Friday night at midnight when I can get the fourth and final book - I will be at the store at midnight and I will stay up all night reading it. David says I'm nuts, but he actually enjoyed them too!
Holy Bandwagoness Batman!... Speaking of Batman- There's a real movie for you.
It's about time you became as obsessed with those books as the rest of us! I just re-read them so that I remember everything when the new book comes out next week (i know, nerd alert). and they are still just as amazing the second time around....i love Edward. But i do have a soft spot for Jacob though....
Why is it that only chicks are into this hogwash? It's a phenomenon around which I cannot wrap my bald head. I saw the previews last night when I went to see a real movie and was more excited about dipping into the cracker jacks I smuggled into the theater. Sorry ladies, I'm going to have to agree with the Mangoose on this one.
I tried to be a book snob, too. I'm usually not bad but these really sounded cheesy to me. They really suck you in and I can't even figure out why. I'm usually pretty logical about things and I really tried to figure out why I loved them so much and it's not like she an exceptional author or she reveals some grand eternal truth about mankind in her writing but darn it all if you don't just get down right addicted. It must just be something in that mitochondrial DNA.
Yea! Good job Krystal... I was at Sam;s one day and this Woman was trying to get her Mother to buy & read Twilight, and her mom was like "isn't it about a vampire?" So me and this woman were having a great conversation on how everyone has got to read the books!!!
Jeni, I totally know what your saying. I never get excited about this kind of stuff either. But, I bought the first book on a whim because I had nothing to do on a long flight (my kids were with Dustin at home! Yay!). And now I'm hooked, too! The funniest part was that I noticed several other people also reading Twilight on my flight...even a middle aged guy! So it's NOT just for women.
Post a Comment