We were in Baton Rouge on Saturday. While Aaron was at the temple, Calyn and I went shopping. We got stopped for a train and THIS was plastered on the back of every car. I thought it was hilarious! Now, I'm wondering what it means. I'm afraid to look it up on the internet, for obvious reasons. Any ideas? If any of you are train conductors, please enlighten me.
5 comments:
This will come as no surprise to you, but I saw a sign like that several years ago and could not help but laugh and then look it up. Apparently, the phrase in question refers to not using a particular trailer loading technique known as "humping" whereby the trailer is nudged off the top of a hump down to the train it is supposed to be pulled by. This method is faster and easier than having to individually shuttle trailers to a train. The bar against using the method in question is in place for any trailer containing delicate cargo or hazardous materials, as the relatively uncontrolled pushing of a trailer down a hill could cause damage or disruptions to the cargo and potentially disrail the trailer.
-Troy
Whoa...I should've known Troy would know. Professor!
There was a train parked in an area by the tracks when I was growing up that had that written REALLY BIG. & everytime we'd drive by there, I thought it was funny. Thanks for the explanation Lexi!
hmmm, i like the explanation in my mind better than the real one.
I bet the guy who painted it on there laughed the whole time. He knew.
Post a Comment