Wednesday, April 16, 2008

One/Shower/Hair

You can tell when my life and house are in order: I blog. When I go days, even weeks, without blogging, you KNOW my house is a mess, and I'm running around like a crazy person. Hence, this LATE post on Calyn's first birthday. My days have been tied up with doctor's appointments, ear infections, unpacking, laundry, picking up license plates...the list goes on and on. So, without further delay, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CALYN!!

She was quite the ham...dancing and being so darn cute in front of everyone.




My fellow blogger: To see the party from her perspective, click HERE.
(I put another link at the bottom of the post in case you want to view them at the end of these pictures.)

Calyn loves her rubber duck. It was one of the first toys she recognized when we'd say the word. We even tested it in a "toy line-up."

She was hilarious when everyone was singing to her. She was staring at all of us like we were nuts. Maybe we are! All that work and "partying" for someone who doesn't even care. This party was actually for us. We survived the first year!

"I'll take those."

Calyn ate the ENTIRE piece of cake we gave her. I gave her a huge piece so she could make a big, cute mess. But, she decided to gobble the whole thing up instead! I would've had a tummy ache after that much cake. Only on your birthday are you allowed to eat cake for dinner.

That tummy is pooched out from all that cake!

This Elmo has become one of her companions. Silky is dragged around in one hand. Elmo in the other. Sometimes they're both in the same hand.

She just wanted to look at the pictures on the paper. Calyn, it's NOT a book.

Eating packages are also better than opening them.

The next morning Aunt Robin loaded up Wagon in her wagon with some toys. Notice she's playing with an empty water bottle. All those toys and she's playing with garbage. Geez.

She's already running off with daddy's wallet...hey Calyn, there's no money in there.

Even the little flower girl is getting excited for Aunt Stephanie's wedding.

Before the birthday party we had bridal shower for my sister, Stephanie. Lexi had this sign made for her and Eloy. My mom did a bang up job on the cake.

The Bride-to-be, the flower girl, and the Mother of the Bride.

Oh, Stephanie! You've got to wear that at the wedding!


Tara, Steph, Jen, and Lexi
Click HERE for more shower pics.

My new haircut. Bryn did an awesome job! I can refer her number if you're in the New Orleans area...she's also in Utah a lot, so if you want to see her there, let me know.


A-line cut with A-line layers and chunky highlights...love it!

TO SEE MORE PICTURES OF CALYN'S BIRTHDAY, CLICK HERE.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Everything about Calyn's b.day party looked so great...loved the flower arrangements. You have a real gift for that.
Oh, and your hair...looks absolutely amazing!

Lexi said...

Your hair looks awesome. I'm going to see Bryn as soon as I can (AFTER the wedding). The shower/birthday parties were fun- now we just have one more big bash (oh wait- you have three more, Steph's wedding, Robin's bridal shower, and Robin's wedding) Whew! You like to stay busy ;-)

TJ-n-Crystal said...

The pictures are soo adorable!! I cannot believe she ate the big piece of cake!!! And your hair!!! I LOVE IT!!!

The Original Mangums said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, all the weekend was just perfect. Thanks for coming and making it possible for me to be there too, I appreciate it (but sorry I messed up your other plans). Have a great day. Love you Paula

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

I just love your hair!!!!! It seems like every time I see you it keeps getting more cute! What style is next? Fun pics!!!

Maren said...

what a great post! The best part is that you guys look happy "for real." I think I saw a picture with Aaron in the background having a really good time! Your hair looks terrific, seriously!

Paige and Gerald said...

Love the hair! It really suits you. And Calyn is really going to be a heartbreaker. I can't wait to have a little rat myself. Looks like you guys had a great time. We just got all moved in so if you ever need a place to stay when you come to B.R. come on down.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Love you Jeni Mangum and your crew.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Calyn! It looks like y'all had a great time. Congratulations on surviving the first year. My ob said, "I have nothing good to say about the first year!" It's not that bad, but it is quite a feat for us parents.

Jeni, you are looking great, all of that jogging and that super cute hair cut!!

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Calyn with the big cake belly.

Becky T said...

Oh, 1st birthday parties are so fun! Surviving that first year is most definitely a milestone (for everyone involved)! And your hair looks FANTASTIC! I definitely need to be making an appointment since mine needs some serious help. You look great!