Today I planted an herb garden. I was sick of paying 2 bucks every time I needed fresh parsley, etc. For 2 bucks I can buy a whole plant that keeps producing more and more. Plus I can snip off only the amount I need rather than buying a whole bunch and only using 1/4 of it.
Rosemary
Thyme is in the middle with seeds planted on the left for more Basil and on the right for Cilantro/Corriander.
Mmmm...I'm going to harvest the Parsley tonight for some Fettuccine Alfredo.
Mmmm...I'm going to harvest the Parsley tonight for some Fettuccine Alfredo.
11 comments:
we loved our herb plant that you gave us (parsley?), but it didn't survive the winter. i am surprised WE survived. when i return from LA, i think we will do the same.
You inspire me. I haven't done one yet, because I am scared I will mess it up...I suppose that's the only way to learn! I need to just do it.
Oh I like your mini garden!!! I tried planting the seeds and I already killed them off. haha... Maybe I should try again! good luck!
Awesome! I remember your herb garden at married student housing. It was quite impressive. It's fun to say, oh, this recipe calls for parsley, and go outside and pick your very own that you've been taking care of!
I give it three weeks before the squirrels in the 'hood' discover your stash. ;-) Just kidding. It sounds...well... delicious!
That's awesome! And such a great idea. I also hate buying fresh parsley and using 1/4 of it and throwing the rest away. Some day I'll have to do one of my own. I'm so impressed!
I too am way impressed! I wouldn't even know how to use fresh herbs. I'm all about the dried and bottled versions I just buy at the store. Kudos to you though!
I've got old parsley and rosemary in the fridge right now going bad. What a great idea!! I just might give it a try, too. Joel and I have earth boxes on out project list (the dirt/clay in our yard is terrible, so we have to build our garden). Once those are made, I might have to slap in some herbs with our tomatoes and okra.
Don't you just love growing herbs?? I have tried my hand at herbs a couple of times and have found that the rosemary and parsley are definitely the heartiest for me! I'm trying to cilantro too, but the seedlings seem to be having a hard time. Hopefully you'll have better luck! They look beautiful!
I so envy your green thumb. herbs are supposed to be one of the easiest things to grow. I tried once when i was living with the twins and becca. didn't go so well. I could kill any plant, though. cactus, airplants (yes, all it needed was air and I killed it), and herbs alike.
I keep saying I'm going to make a spot for one in the yard, but haven't put it on my weekend project list. Thanks for reminding me. Watch the herbs in the boxes though, mine didn't have great drainage holes and they need good drainage. One of them got mealy bugs and infected the rest of them in the box before I could replant them. Just to warn you. Nothing is better than the taste of fresh herbs in food, esp when they come from your garden! Go girl!
Post a Comment