Thursday, December 06, 2007

Why Lexi is my Best Gal Pal...


1. She understands things about me that not even Aaron can completely understand. Example: Motherhood. We both are first time mothers. Our children are only 6 weeks apart, so we reach new milestones/phases at about the same time. When I have a bad day, I can call her and she GETS it.

2. We have fun whatever we do...even wandering around endlessly at Target.

3. She's an awesome cook (and I get to eat it!)

4. She picks up the pieces of my mistakes: remember the credit card/La Madeleine incident?

4. She's always thinking about others. She bought me a pair of shoes one time when mine broke. Once, when we were at Gymboree, I couldn't buy both the outfit and the matching blanket (which is so hard to not purchase-Stacy knows what I mean) so I just got the outfit. When we left the store, Lexi handed me the blanket...she said Calyn just needed this for her new dress. And, today, we had to leave the park early because Calyn was SCREAMING. I left but HAD to stop at the store for formula. I got to the grocery store only to realize I had left my wallet at home. So, we turned around and headed for home (with Cal yelping in the back). The thought of having to come BACK later after a nap made me sick. I HATE going back out once we've come home for the day. So, I came home, fed Calyn some solid food and put her down for a nap. I then decided to vent to Lexi via email. Five minutes later she calls me and says, "What kind of formula does Calyn drink?" She bought a can and brought it over to my apartment! Seriously, who has a better friend than me?

6 comments:

Lexi said...

Anything for my best bud- you just say it and I'll make it happen.

P.S- ...but you have to get rid of your own bodies and I don't do aliens. ;-)

Kathy said...

She is also funny!:)
Friends are great!

Holly said...

Is this the same Lexi that I know?? I'm kidding, of course. She is such a sweetheart! Imagine if y'all had moved to N.O., and the Majoue's weren't there!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Lexi, you are a great friend. I could start a list of my own of sweet things you've done for me and others.

Lexi said...

You guys are too nice- but really... you've been the same for me. We all help each other (even when you don't know you are- sometimes a phone call or a hug was all that was needed). Thanks for being such great friends and always being around when I have a tough spot too. I love you guys!

Jessica said...

i need a lexi in omaha...where do i find such a good friend?