Thursday, November 01, 2007

Workout Update


Well, after a month and a half of running at the park almost daily, I've lost 12 lbs! Lexi and I are currently running 1.25 miles straight and working on making it 1.5 miles. Now, I know to you "runners" out there that 1.5 miles is nothing, but to us "non-runners" it is a great feat! When we first started, we would only be able to run maybe a tenth of a mile before having to stop and sit down (yes, sit down). Lexi has never ran this distance before, and the most I've ever been able to run is two miles. So, needless to say, we're quite proud of ourselves. I've got 10 more pounds to be at pre-pregnancy weight, and 20 to be at MY ideal weight.

Mardi Gras Marathon 5 K, here we come!!!

14 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Jeni, I am proud of you! Keep up the great work - Wish I had your get up and go! Love you, Paula

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That gives me some motivation, because I want to lose 10 pounds before our cruise right before Christmas. I've cut WAY back on food, but I haven't started a workout routine! Good for you, Jeni and Lexi. I can't be the only one still hanging on to the baby fat. I danced crazy with Ayden today for a start!

Lexi said...

It's been fun my little jogging friend. Thanks for keeping me in line and promising to whup up if I don't keep up. ;-)

Jeni said...

Excuse Me? YOU'RE the one that's keeping me going! I'm the one chasing behind you!

Lexi said...

Yeah, but without you I'd be doin' a LOT of walkin'!

Jessica said...

That is so awesome Jeni! Congratulations. Good luck with the Mardi Gras run, too...just remember, you're going to need to bring the babies to the race, too, because that is how you are training (i assume they are with you)!

Jamie Hamilton said...

I'm impressed, 12 pounds is awesome!

I had lost back down to almost pre-preg but since weaning Allison, I've been gaining again. I'm still taking in the amount of calories needed for breastfeeding but I'm not actually breastfeeding. :(

Cathi said...

That is awesome Jeni! I was totally motivated after reading your post, maybe I'll actually start walking around the block or something now that it's cooling off. Keep up the great work girl!

Jordan said...

That is awesome, Jeni. That's going to be me next spring!! Yikes.

Are you going to run the Mardi Gras race?

Maren said...

Very impressive! The weight and the run! You are an inspiration. I need to find a run like that to work up to. I am seriously so motivated by the two of you! GOOD WORK!

natesarah2@msn.com said...

Jeni,
Good Job! You'll get to that 1.5 miles before you know it! I wish I lived closer I would run the marathon with you! I love working out! I ran with some women from the ward this last summer and I tended to stay way ahead of them because they were all pregnant. Then about their second month of pregnancy they decided that they shouldn't run anymore. So I was left on my own again which means back to sit ups push ups and my elyptical machine because Nate doesn't like me running all by myself. So I wish I lived closer I would go with you and your friend everyday! Love you, Your cousin Sarah

Holly said...

Wow, that's great. I like how you compared your lost weight to meat in one of your posts, imagine 12 lbs. of meat!! I think at my best (before marriage) I could make it 1.5 miles without stopping; I'm sure y'all will be at 2 mi. before you know it. That is great that you have Lexi to run with and a goal to work for.

Paige and Gerald said...

You are the bomb Jeni! You look fabulous!

Paige and Gerald said...

You look fabulous! I'm not ready to get back into that mode yet. I can hear the ellipticle at the Y calling my name. And then I hear the money coming out of my checking out and I think hmmmmm what to do?