Well, I'm off to Leesville for a week. Aaron has his board exams coming up, so Cal and I are hittin' the road to get out of his hair for a little while. See you all soon!
I had to see what wikipedia said about the wampus cat. Enjoy! The Wampus cat is a legendary creature. This is a monster of the Fearsome Critters variety, coined by the lumberjack community of the United States. According to the tale, a Native American woman disguised herself in the skin of John Truemper to spy on the men of the tribe as they sat around the campfire and told sacred stories on a hunting trip. When the woman was discovered, the tribe's medicine man punished her by transforming her into a half-woman, half-cat, and half-John Truemper, who supposedly still haunts the forests of East Tennessee.
Ok so when I first saw your picture of the High School I thought it's not her 10 year reunion already. I am so silly. Hope you have fun, wish Aaron luck for us.
All right you wampus wildcat- you two cats better get on home so I have a running partner again. Although... I don't know if I want to run with you now- I hear you're running longer and faster just like a wampus cat naturally does. Peyton and I miss you!
I love the phrase "fearsome critter". It makes me laugh because my dad calls EVERY animal a critter. When we go driving through the Idaho mountains, our best entertainment is listening to him get all excited and yell "look at that critter!"
Jeni! Was Aaron's dad on the High Council or anything? It has been killing me the past couple months. Then I saw this post about Leesville and thought maybe he was on the High Council and visited the Natchitoches ward a few times while we lived there. Is that why you name is so familiar to me???
11 comments:
What is a wampus cat?!? Have fun in Leesville. Try not to go too wild with all of the fun exciting things in Leesville :)
Yuck! Exams of any kind are not fun at all... Good luck Aaron! And Jeni you have fun in Leeseville!
Say hello to our usual haunts: Wally World (aka Wal-Mart), the video store, and the snowball stand. Happy week away!
I had to see what wikipedia said about the wampus cat. Enjoy!
The Wampus cat is a legendary creature. This is a monster of the Fearsome Critters variety, coined by the lumberjack community of the United States. According to the tale, a Native American woman disguised herself in the skin of John Truemper to spy on the men of the tribe as they sat around the campfire and told sacred stories on a hunting trip. When the woman was discovered, the tribe's medicine man punished her by transforming her into a half-woman, half-cat, and half-John Truemper, who supposedly still haunts the forests of East Tennessee.
Ok so when I first saw your picture of the High School I thought it's not her 10 year reunion already. I am so silly. Hope you have fun, wish Aaron luck for us.
All right you wampus wildcat- you two cats better get on home so I have a running partner again. Although... I don't know if I want to run with you now- I hear you're running longer and faster just like a wampus cat naturally does. Peyton and I miss you!
Stacy- that's awesome that you found that! Whata cool mascot.
I love the phrase "fearsome critter". It makes me laugh because my dad calls EVERY animal a critter. When we go driving through the Idaho mountains, our best entertainment is listening to him get all excited and yell "look at that critter!"
That's hilarious- did he call Ayden and Ian critters for Halloween? They sure were cute critters!
Okay slacker, get back to work!
Jeni! Was Aaron's dad on the High Council or anything? It has been killing me the past couple months. Then I saw this post about Leesville and thought maybe he was on the High Council and visited the Natchitoches ward a few times while we lived there. Is that why you name is so familiar to me???
Post a Comment