Okay, I've been in New Orleans for about three weeks. I think I've made more U-turns in these past three weeks than I've made my entire life. You can't turn anywhere! You have to drive beyond your turn, U-turn, and then turn on your desired street. It's maddening! I swear, a bunch of bozos planned this city...
5 comments:
LOL! This is so true. It must have been a bunch of wasted frenchmen that designed this city- especially downtown. It takes you 15 to 20 minutes to correct a split second mistake! Then again, if you were driving a horse and carriage you probably didn't mind a few extra minutes since you were going so dang slow. Uggggh- I feel your pain.
P.S- where did you get turned around again? Just curious ;-)
Every time we took family trips to NO when I was young, my parents would end up fighting because we would get so turned around. You make one wrong turn and people are crawling up your hood, ready to attack!
omaha is crazy like that. it may be quick to get from one place to another (unlike the big easy), but it sure can be a pain in the behind.
oh, and stacy's comment reminds me of the only time we ever went to NO as children. my mother would not let us roll down the windows and it was summer and the AC was broken!
That does not look like fun. It reminded me of a time when Nate and I put an address into mapquest and it told us to flip a u-turn somewhere! Why fip a U-turn when you can easily make a left hand turn at the light before you were supposed to make the u-turn????!!!! However, I did not know in certain states that they had actual signs telling you to flip a u-turn to get somewhere! That is too funny! Honestly I would be so lost... It's a good thing that you and Aaron are used to it. When Nate and I come to visit we'll just let you two drive.
I just laughed and laughed when I read this post. I think everyone who did not grow up in New Orleans, has felt like you. I always get so confused.hahahaha
Post a Comment