Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Don't Leave Home Without It

One Maxi Pad $0.50

One Washcloth $1.99

One Burp Cloth $2.50


Eating lunch with your husband and your daughter poops all over herself and you, and having to improvise a diaper because your diaper bag was out...

PRICELESS

P.S. I found all these items in my car...yeah, yeah I'm going to stash a diaper in the glove box now, along with the maxi pads!


12 comments:

Jordan said...

How about: ONE DIAPER $.25

Jeni said...

Thanks for the advice, Jordan. If there had been someplace to purchase diapers, I would have! We were in an EMERGENCY situation.

Lexi said...

Holy effluent excrement Batman! That is hilarious. I have to say though, while your jerry-rigged diaper/baby sanitary napkin would have surely made MacGyver proud, I'm not sure it could have handled anything more than half a Florance flask of blue colored water. I hope you arrived home before you had to test the full liquid and/or semi-solid absorbtion capacity of your invention. Either way, I agree that this experience and picture are priceless.

Kathy said...

That is so funny! I always have diapers, wipes, formula, and other baby stuff stashed in my car. Are'nt babies fun.

Jessica said...

That is so awesomely molly mormon efficent of you! (that may be a new term coming into popularity...watch for it!) The things we do when we are in a crunch. Thank goodness for quick thinking moms!

Cathi said...

That is too funny! Very good improvising. Just be sure to switch out the spare diaper in the glove box as she moves up on sizes (I forgot to do that and my kid in a size 5 had to wear a size 2 until we got home!)

natesarah2@msn.com said...

That did not look very fun... But thanks to your mistake of no extra diapers it taught me a good lesson. It taught me that when Nate and I finally do have a baby we need to keep the car stashed full of extra diapers...

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That IS priceless!! You will never forget that moment and Calyn will be rolling her eyes when she's fifteen and hearing you tell the story for the umteenth time. (How do you spell umteenth anyway?)

Jessica said...

oh, yeah, i guess we should maybe put maxi's up there with duct tape now...so useful, you just don't even know!

Nicole said...

that is SO funny! I'll have to keep that in mind!

Holly said...

That's hilarious. I'm gonna go right now and check the car, to see I have extra diapers. I have had a few close calls with the diaper bag being out, but always found one somewhere (usually Jamie's diaper bag). Even though Kailey is 9 months older than Allison, they have been in the same size diaper for quite a while.

Jenn said...

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen! You are amazing and creative all in the same sentence. I will have to remember that glove box thing when I have kids, the glove box has always gotten me out of a bind.