Monday, September 24, 2007

Our Little Bird

This child needs complete dark to sleep. Sunlight floods into our room all day long, and I haven't yet made some heavy drapes. So, we cover her crib with a blanket just like a little bird in her cage. You throw this blanket over the crib, and Viola! Silence and Sleep.

This is seriously the funniest kid I've ever met.

6 comments:

natesarah2@msn.com said...

That's so cute! I remember I had a hard time sleeping during the day before I joined the Army. Once I did though I learned how valuable any kind of sleep can be... Let's just say that I can sleep pretty much anywhere now including the pavement and feel good that I got to sleep.

Cathi said...

That is too funny! Maybe I should try that with my kids, they are both up with the sun most mornings (it comes right in their windows and shines on them). Thank goodness it's been cloudy and rainy lately - I got to sleep in till 7:30 today!

Holly said...

That's really funny. I am amazed that she lets you put the blanket over her bed. At any age, Kailey would have been, and still would be beyond mad if we tried to put a blanket over her bed.

Jessica said...

we are currently covering the boys windows with heavy blankets. i am debating whether to make heavy curtains or make curtains out of the fabric that coordinates with the bedspreads and somehow block out all light...i just don't know, but i do know my kids can't sleep in a light room, they go to bed around 7 and wake up at at least 7:30-8 every day. not too bad, so keep your little birdie caged!

tweeboowee said...

i will definitly call you once i can get to nola. jen lives there now with her boyfriend. she lives in metairie. She's doing really good. we would luv to meet little calyn.

Lexi said...

Awww... the baby bird is adorable in her gilded cage.