The birthday celebration weekend has now come to a close. Aaron is 28, and tomorrow he starts his new life as an OLD FOGIE! Just kidding...I'm right behind you on the upward climb towards 30. Any hoo, we went out Friday night for the actual birth date (thanks to the babysitting trio of Amber, Kara, and AnnaKate). We ate dinner at Taqueria Corona and then ventured a stroll around the French Quarter...me in cute strappy heels. Needless to say, my feet were killing me when we got home, but it was SO worth the time alone with my baby...Aaron, not Calyn :)
Saturday, we hit Baton Rouge for some birthday party action Tiger style. LSU was playing South Carolina, so we celebrated Aaron while watching football. It was a great party, and I think everyone had fun.
This is a frisbee golf cake. "The Shark " is Aaron's favorite disc.
Robin and Brent
Aaron hit the face off this donkey pinata.

Ayden was so excited, he helped Aaron open his gifts.
Important People also born in September...
Rylee has recently joined our growing family. She is Mark and Janna's little daughter. She just turned two this month. You can learn about Rylee's arrival here. We got to meet Rylee this past July when they came for Calyn's blessing. I was amazed at how perfectly she fits into our family. It's like she was made to be a Mangum. We love that little girl and look forward to attending her sealing and blessing this Thanksgiving.
Happy Birthday, Rylee!
Let me see...this woman has a gajillion nicknames: Rayburn, Radiator, Raye-Dog, Crazy Paula, ummm, I'm positive there's lots more, but I'm drawing a blank. She has raised FIVE amazing children (I'm particularly obsessed with one of them). She would give you her right arm if you asked for it. She is quick to dole out the service, but slow to receive any help back. She takes ALL her church callings seriously (Sunday School Teacher, Stake YW Camp Director, Temple Worker, VT Coordinator (I think), and Temple Prep Class Teacher). There isn't anyone more giving and loving than this woman, and we love her for it.
So, Happy Birthday Paula, Mom, and Nana From: Jeni, Aaron, and Calyn
Happy Birthday all you September-ees!
4 comments:
Wow. You guys really celebrate a birthday. Bart turned 30 this year and it freaked him out a bit for a while, but now that the birthdate is over, he is fine.
Happy Birthday Aaron!
Happy late Birthday Aaron! 28 huh? I think they call that the LATE twenties.
Happy late Birthday Aaron! Nate turned 29 this year and I freaked out. Although I've heard that 30 is the new young age nowadays... I think people tell us that to make us feel better because we don't have kids yet... But that's okay it makes me feel good anyways. Hopefully that idea helps you feel a little better.
Happy late birthday Aaron, from all of the Bonnettes, even Rickey.
Post a Comment