
We've had a jammed packed weekend. Thursday night, Coffee Call with Brent, Robino (Ro-bean-yo), Ben, and Heather. Friday night, Zephyrs baseball game with same crowd, add Troy, Lexi, and Peyton. Saturday, Ayden's birthday party followed by an evening at the Hot Air Balloon Festival with same mentioned friends/family.
After the baseball game and at the hot air balloon festival, there was a spectacular fireworks display. I've always enjoyed fireworks, but forgot how magical they can be, until I saw the colorful bursts in the reflection of my little baby girl's eyes.
Before I head to bed, I glance around the apartment and see a full basket of dirty clothes, dirty dishes in the sink, and folded clothes on the couch waiting to be put away. I ask myself, "What have I accomplished today?" Then, right before crawling into bed, I peer over at my happy, healthy, and freshly bathed little girl and think, "Maybe I have accomplished something today after all."
2 comments:
When Calyn grows up, she won't say, "I wish my Mom spent more time washing dishes or folding laundry instead of spending time with me." She'll say, "There were always things that could be done around the house, but instead she chose to spend time with me..." Jeni, you should never feel guilty for spending time with your baby girl and your childhood sweetheart. There will ALWAYS be chores that need to be done- but little baby's grow to little children that grow to teenagers that grow to adults in the blink of an eye. Just think how much better you will feel knowing that you gave her the gift and memory of your attention and time- for time is precious. Enjoy your family while you can- the dishes and laundry may wait!
And WHAT an accomplishment she is!! Looks like a spectacular weekend (made up for the obliterated cell phone).
Post a Comment