Thursday, August 16, 2007

Workout Update


Today I weigh 155. I've lost 5 pounds. When my sister asked me how much weight I've lost and I replied with, "Only 5 pounds," in a depressing tone, she said, "That's a lot! Imagine 5 lbs. of hamburger meat and that's how much you've lost." Hmmm...I suppose that is a good start! Still got 20 to go. I'd hate to imagine what 20 lbs. of hamburger meat looks like.

11 comments:

tweeboowee said...

good comparison...hahahha..that would make me feel great...

Lexi said...

That picture totally scared me for a second! I thought it was going to be some bloody body part or dead animal. Whew! That's awesome that you've lost 5 lbs! I know that doesn't seem like a lot but that's progress. You know when it's more than one or two lbs that you're going somewhere and it's not just water weight. Keep up the good work! Try not to obssess about the scale too much- just enjoy your work outs and you'll be wearing your favorite jeans pretty soon!

Jeni said...

Lexi, it IS a dead animal! What do you think hamburgers are made of?!

Lexi said...

Unfortunately, notwithstanding various public warranties and affirmations to the contrary, most hamburger "meat" is, in fact, an unhealthy amalgam of fillers, dyes, and other carcinogens sprinkled with rBGH enriched animal remnants for flavor. Based on the color and consistency in the photo, it appears that the "meat" in your possession is no exception. In light of the foregoing, it seems that while the mass in your photo undoubtedly contains traces of dead animals, the mass as a synergistic whole far from constitutes any congnizeable dead animal and cannot be classified as such.

Jamie Hamilton said...

Good job Jeni! I admire you for your bravery in posting this info. on the blog. And Lexi, that was a very thought-provoking lecture on hamburger meat, thank you.

Lexi said...

Of course- you can tell that Troy just wrote that last comment!

Jeni said...

Troy? He's the biggest meat-eater of us all...I don't know of anyone else who could finish off a triple burger from Wendy's!

Lexi said...

You must have misunderstood me. I wasn't saying I wouldn't eat the meat in your picture, (cooked or not)- I was just being a smart aleck and pointing out how "good" the meat we eat is and how much is not really meat. That being said, I also have to clarify that I couldn't eat the triple cheese burger...alone that is. In reality I could down the triple, large fries and a frosty before everyone was done opening their ketchup packets. What a glutton I am! But I guess I need a lot of fuel to put out all of the hot air that I do.

Lexi said...

Okay- I have to clarify... THAT was TROY talking about how much food he can eat in one sitting... I however do not inhale food like he does. LOL! Jeni- did you get your phone yet?

Kathy said...

yall are so funny! well jeni can you please post something else I can't stand looking at that nasty meat picture anymore! HA!

Jordan said...

waytago jeni!! what an encouraging sis you have.