Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Dirty Four Letter Word

Yes, the word is "move." The one thing that will bring me and Aaron to verbal blows is moving. The only time we really "fight" is when we're knee deep in boxes. Something about it invites the Devil into our lives. And that's when I really start the "eye rolling," which Aaron HATES.

In our five short years of marriage, we have moved let's see, one...two...TEN times! This will make our 11th move. I'm surprised we still have friends and family who are talking to us...but it's NOT OUR FAULT!! Katrina is the cause of four of them! Oh well. Maybe one day we'll get to be normal and stay put for a while...

Oh, by the way, we're moving back to New Orleans (just in case you didn't know).

Here are some pictures we took last weekend in New Orleans when we went down for Lexi's birthday.

The Stroller Gang...watch out French Quarter, we're dangerous!
(P.S. Yes, Aaron sported the mohawk on Saturday, too. We just couldn't part with it quite yet.
Don't worry Paula, it was gone before church on Sunday.)

Baby Calyn...being cute as usual

Absolutely LOVE Louisiana "green"


Calyn on a date with Peyton. Shhh...we won't tell Ian.



9 comments:

Lexi said...

I can't wait for you guys to be in our neck of the woods. Yay for the Mangums and Arrrrggghhh for moving!

tweeboowee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tweeboowee said...

everyone is moving....we want outta here eventually......good luck! weren't yall wanting to move to alexandria after aaron graduates or something? i thought i remembered you saying something like that. let me know, you might have a job offered to you from some flower people at floral addiction. you could even bring calyn with you...:o)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Calyn, it's over. You're two-timing me and you're moving closer to your new man. I don't do the LD thing.
-Ian

Jordan said...

I was almost sure you guys would stay in BR and just swallow that commute...I guess instead you'll be swallowing yet another trek across the state with all your stuff!! Wish we were there to help!

Jeni said...

Jordan-I wish we could stay in BR. We love it, but our cars and my husband just can't survive commuting. So, back to NOLA...Grrrrrr!

Ian-How would you like to be my weekend fling when we come visit (probably every weekend!)? Shhh...we won't Peyton.
Peace Out Playa, Calyn

Jeni said...

Thuy- yes we wouldn't mind the "Alec" area...just no NOLA, Lake Charles, or Nachitoches. By the time we're in the area, Calyn will be at the age where she's in to EVERYTHING. We'd find her throwing all the tools in the glue skillet or spray painting the wedding rentals!

Lexi said...

Hee hee hee- everything is falling into place for me to get Calyn out of the clutches of those B.R. boys. Now I can be her main squeeze!
-Peyton

tweeboowee said...

hey i just changed the url...
http://tweebooweetaylor.blogspot.com/

thats the new link....cause the old link may not work....