Saturday, January 02, 2010

Logan Scot

This sweet baby joined our family on December 29, 2009 at 7:56am.
7 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 inches long


I rang in 2010 alone, in a hospital room, two units of someone else's blood running through my veins, and drugged up on painkillers and sleeping pills. My sweet new baby was down the hall in the nursery being treated for mild jaundice. I sent Aaron and my mom home with Calyn so everyone could get a good night's rest. It was actually the best night I spent in the hospital. I just made a mental note that I had never been alone on New Year's Eve. But, the next day, on the first day of the new year, we brought home our new baby, little Logan.

19 comments:

Cathi said...

He's adorable! Congrats!

Jordan said...

I totally broke down looking at all your pics Jeni. Logan is beautiful and handsome and we are thrilled to have another Mangum Boy!!!!! (takes a little pressure off Sethie)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

What a cute little tree frog. He looks so snuggly. I was misty eyed reading about how much Calyn loves her brother already. Especially sharing her silky with him. That is so sweet!! She's going to be such a good helper. Love you guys. MISS YOU!!!

natesarah2@msn.com said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all! He's a cutie! I'm sorry you had to spend New Year's Eve alone. If it makes you feel any better I spent Halloween and
Thanksgiving of 2008 on hospital bedrest. Yeah 3 full months of hospital bedrest is enough to make anyone go crazy.:S I saw that you also had to recieve two units of someone else's blood... Not fun, I was there and done that too, it was a 16 hour process, which put me in the hospital a couple days longer after the girls were born. Love ya tons! And keep those cute pictures of your kiddos coming!

Ashley said...

Congrats again! he is so beautiful, i can't wait to hook him up 20 years from now with our little girl:)
I didn't know you had to get blood and stuff, I hope you are doing ok and that you get feeling better!

Holly said...

Congratulations! You Mangums surely do make good looking babies.

Calyn is so sweet she is going to be such a great big sister. Having a girl first is awesome because they are so sweet with the new babies (at least Kailey was too). I am a little nervous about how Eli is going to do with this baby; he likes to play rough :)

I hope you and the baby are doing well.

Anne-Marie said...

He is so beautiful!!! Definitely one of the prettiest baby boys I have ever seen! I hope everything is going well...needing someone else's blood sounds like a story.

BTW...we beat you by 10 hours! :)

The Busch's Hullabaloo said...

We can't wait to meet Logan. He is pretty cute for a little tree frog! Hugs and kisses from the Busch's!

Vargas Clan said...

CONGRATS! He is so cute and little boys are so much fun!! Take it from me, I have 3!! LOL You have such cute kids....

Lexi said...

Check out that cute little LSU linebacker! He's got sll the moves, I can tell! :-)

Congrats Mangum fam!

Anonymous said...

Left a comment on another picture. you guys sure did have a cute baby,Calyn will be a great little helper it looks like love you all love Utah Blakleys.

TheNelsons said...

Congrats Jeni and Aaron, HE is sooo cute. You two make beautiful children. He is a doll!!!!

Jordan said...

I've got to stop looking at these photos or I'm going to get myself into trouble.

Becky T said...

Oh...my...gosh, Jeni! He is GORGEOUS! I'm not kidding--he is one little hunk of burnin' love. :) If you only knew how many times I'd thought of you last week... :) I'm so glad to hear that he's here and healthy and well and seriously beautiful. Wowsers, you don't find 'em more perfect than that. Congrats to you all! I hope you're all making the transition nicely and enjoying every minute with the little man!

Jordan Carroll said...

Jeni, he's PERFECT!! Congrats! I loved seeing the pictures of him with Calyn...it gives me hope that Brady will love his little bro too! :) And I agree with Aaron...the tree frog stage is the best! Lucky for me my 32 lb. 2 year old never out grew it! ;)

GOULDING CLAN said...

LOVE HIM!!! Thanks for letting me come hold him last night. He's seriously perfect.

Jamie Hamilton said...

Congratulations Mangums!!! There's nothing like a sweet, snuggly baby. I laughed out loud when I saw Aaron's girl-TV-induced coma. Good thing he's got a boy around now to even things up! : )

Shannon said...

Congratulations Mangums! You did a great job, Jeni and it doesn't sound like you had an easy time of it. I am so glad that little Logan is here safe and sound. He is gorgeous! Welcome to the wonderful world of boys. What an adventure!

Ann said...

Congratulations! He is a handsome little boy!