Yesterday I was picking up toys after Calyn went to bed. With an armload of junk I stopped at the photo collage I have of her in my dining room. I started crying looking at the photos of little Calyn. I just wanted to pick her up out of the photographs and cuddle the tiny versions of her. I went in her room and kissed her little sleeping cheeks. Someday I'll be wanting to cuddle THIS version of her, so I better get in all I can, while I can get it.
8 comments:
Too true Jenny! Too true! I look back at how tiny my girls used to be and feel the same way.
I know! I know! That's all I have to say.
Well said and how true! I look at my pictures in the hall - my little children, now all grown with little ones of their own! What I would give to have a few moments with the girl or boy they used to be! Enjoy while you can, it is gone all to soon.
I don't even want to think of him getting older! I get sad when I see little 2 year olds because I know how quickly time will fly! Hug that sweet girl and give her all those kisses! She'll remember them too!
I recognize this comment. :) And when you left that comment, I just said to myself "exactly!". I am constantly amazed at how fast life passes me by, and you got it--we gotta get it all in now!! I'm sure we'll never look back with regrets if we embrace what we have now, huh?
I think anyone who has a child can totally relate! Every night, before I go to bed I go and sit by Brady's crib, stroke his hair and say a prayer over him. Many nights I leave that room in tears amazed by the power of love and wishing I could find a way to hold on to these precious, too short days forever.
Ditto that.
Chloe is growing WAY too fast. Everyday I try to breathe in the sweet scent of her and hold her delicate little fingers and her warm baby body to me.
I am trying to soak in every little bit of her tinyness but every day she is a little bigger, a little heavier and gaining better head control by the minute.
I am already watching my baby slowly phase into mobility and thus to toddlerhood. *Sigh*
If I didn't hate pregnancy and those first sleepless weeks, I would have 10 more of her.
Just remember the house work will wait,but your child wont.Rachel's baby brings back memories of her,he looks alot like she did as a baby.So just remeber there will always be a chance to cuddle and make memories again. and you wont have to change the poopy diapers unless you want to. luv ya Aunt shelly.
Post a Comment