Last night our street had a block party. It was really fun. There were blow-up castles for the kids to play in, catered food, lots of cookies and snacks, and plenty of candy for trick-or-treating. We stuffed our faces with muffalettas, seafood pasta, hot dogs, snow cones, and donuts. I love this area where we live. I could actually settle down in the Old Metairie area if it weren't for those pesky hurricanes that seem to like NOLA. In fact, my dream house is for sale just down the street...for 3.2 million...yeah right. That's why it's a "dream."

Little Tink and her partner in crime Peyton the Dragon

Let's go!

After Peyton had a piece of candy for each hand, he was satisfied and decided to take a seat in the middle of the street.

Spooky bubble machine...this is better than candy!

Aaron circa 1970

The "Witch-Butterfly" and Tinkerbell

Mmmm....satsumas straight off the tree AND with the peel still on. At this point, Calyn was covered in chocolate, snow cone, and Doritos cheese. What's Halloween without a little junk food, right?

These are some pictures I took that afternoon when everyone was getting ready.

This house had tons of catered food, cookies, donuts, and tables and chairs all over their lawn. Oh, and tubs of beer and wine:) Calyn was afraid to walk through this cat.

Calyn loved this ghost. She stood and stared at it for ages.



A view down the street

5 Bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, 12 ft. ceilings, hardwood floors, DUAL dishwashers, Viking gas stove...heaven (if you can't tell, it's my 3.2 mil dream)
8 comments:
where do you live and what kind of drugs do you sell to afford the rent?
what a fun street it sounds like you live on!
Jen you did an amazing job on Calyn's
costume. And her hair is getting soooo long.
Hahahah! I love Jessica's comment! I was thinking...almost...the same thing. You guys all look great.
When you get that dream house, you let me know b/c I think it'll be time to re-live the post-Katrina living arrangements.
Jeni, it has dual dishwashers, we could wash dishes together, it would be perfect :).
That does sound like an awesome neighborhood. And I was feeling pretty good when Allison came back to the street with a little cup with a Halloween pencil in it. Y'all had muffalettas for crying out loud!
I think I need that 3.2 mill dream, it's beautiful. Hey no harm in dreamin'! Cute pics. It is soo pretty down there. What a gorgeous neighborhood
What a cool neighborhood! Cute costumes!
Ok, now I'm really sad we missed it. How fun!! We are so lucky to live here. I just found out we'll be here next year for Halloween so I'm super excited. Calyn looks so cute in these pictures!!
Love your neighborhood! Halloween sounds like so much fun - you are so lucky! We were driving to Baton Rouge! It was fun though!
Post a Comment