Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Shiner




These pictures were taken only a couple minutes after the "incident." It's gotten darker and more swollen. I'm afraid it's going to be black in the morning.

Now, the story: basically she was just standing next to the tub (not in it) bent over to pick something up and BAM! It doesn't matter how "baby-proofed" your house is, accidents still happen. The aftermath was quite comical. I was the one in the bath when it happened so imagine me scrambling out to comfort her in my current state. Ahhh...baby's first shiner.

8 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Poor Calyn. It just hurts your heart to see the babies hurt.

Lexi said...

Not even a half hour after reading this (I was going to leave a comment but got side tracked) Peyton bit it on the edge of our bed because he couldn't have something and flung himself towards the floor (nailing the bed on the way down) in frusturation.

He's always had an extra bit of tissue connecting to his gums above his two front teeth and he severed that. Blood everywhere. I had to Oxy the heck out of our comforter and it's currently in the wash. His gums are still bloody so I'm not sure what to do but he's playing so I'm wondering if he's fine and it will just take a while for the blood to stop because he keeps moving it around! These kids!

I think they would find a way to hurt themselves even in a padded room! I'm sorry about Wagon's boo boo. That's going to look pretty colorful tomorrow, poor girl.

Jessica said...

ouch...i do have to say, though...at least jackson isn't the only tiny one (well, he was tiny at the time) to get a black eye...it makes me feel an itty bitty bit better about being his mom.
i hope calyn is feeling better now. oh, and i second lexi's padded room remark...jackson can fall out of his bed backwards when sleeping at night!

TJ-n-Crystal said...

Awww Poor Ms. Calyn!!!

Jordan said...

Poor girl. Hazel is our shiner magnet.

BRENTandROBIN + three said...

I feel bad for her, but I'm sure she doesn't even remember it by now. At least she had her Elmo pajamas on when it happened:)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Ouchy. She can use those pictures as hard evidence against you later, so watch out! Just kidding. Ian is our accident prone boy. He currently has a goose egg on his forehead from falling off some steps and landing SMACK on some brick pavement. I was standing right there guarding him, but I just wasn't fast enough. That was a week ago and the bruise is still pretty gross.

Holly said...

Awww..that stinks, poor little Calyn.