Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mini-Vacation


I get a mini-vacation every day. We recently joined a health club, and included in the membership is two hours of daycare every day. So, Calyn gets dropped off in a room full of toys and kids, and I start my daily break. Today I ran for 30 minutes in air-conditioned bliss while watching my own personal TV attached to my treadmill, drank a smoothie while sitting out next to the pool, and showered without a little certain someone trying to climb in with me. It was awesome. Tomorrow I may swim some laps, order a rotisserie chicken wrap and catch some rays (if it doesn't rain:)

4 comments:

Maren said...

Wow! I have been procrastinating joining the Y this summer. I think you just convinced me to do it. That and the fact that I swear my shorts are getting smaller every time I pull them out of the dryer!

natesarah2@msn.com said...

That sounds so nice right about now... You should try the kick boxing class there, I did with one of my friends and I couldn't stay awake for the rest of the day, it was worse than running.

Jessica said...

What a great gym! Maybe I should look into something as wonderful as that...

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I'm too lazy. I'll be honest with myself and whoever reads this. Sounds nice, though. I want to drink that smoothie.