Monday, May 05, 2008

Day One: Pasta in Creamy ?White? Sauce

Okay, day one: BUST! The ingredients sounded good, but DIDN'T mesh well. First, the deep burgandy of the red wine mixed with the heavy cream created a purple sauce.

Appearance: F

Next, the sauce was super strong. If there were to be a next time, I would suggest just a drizzle of sauce on the pasta. I added a heap of plain pasta to mine to cut the intensity. Edible, but not yummy.

Taste: D

It was an easy recipe. Six or so ingredients, easily found in any supermarket. It didn't take long to cook either.

Difficulty: A

Overall, this dish FAILED MISERABLY. Not even worth posting the recipe.
Now that I think about it, the recipe PROBABLY had a misprint. If I had used WHITE wine instead of RED, it would have created a white sauce with nice red tomatoes in it. Oh well. I'm NOT going to try it again.

2 comments:

Mangoose said...

Basically, it was purple poo juice drizzled over noodles. It was as if Grape Ape had the runs in a sauce pan.

Lexi said...

Hillarious Aaron. That does sound pretty bad. That's definitely one recipe I DON'T want from Jeni ;-0