Monday, December 03, 2007

Oh, How I Love This Man!


Alright. Aaron is currently studying for his board exams, so at night, after Calyn is in bed, I have some free time. So, forgive me for this questionnaire, but I was bored and didn't want to clean house...

  1. Who is your man? Sir Aaron Scot Mangum (yes, he’s a knight! Okay, maybe just a dentist)
  2. How long have you been together? Oh man…let me see…known him for 15 years…dated for 7 years (off and on), and married for 5 and half years.
  3. Dating/engaged/married? Married
  4. How old is your man? 28
  5. Who eats more? Aaron…but not by much. He eats about 50% more than me. If I eat two slices of pizza, he'll eat three.
  6. Who said I love you first? I don’t remember…probably me because Aaron was “relationship” phobic.
  7. Who weighs more? Him…I was chasing him though at the end of my pregnancy. Luckily I’m dropping back down slowly but surely.
  8. Who sings better? Neither of us “sings.” But if it’s who sings more? Aaron. He’s always singing something…Rage Against the Machine, Cake, Modest Mouse. Today it was Primus…"Jeni was a race car driver…she never did win no checkered flag, but she never did come in last.”
  9. Who's older? Aaron: by one year and three months
  10. Who's smarter? Aaron. Period. He’s in Dental School…need I say more?
  11. Who's temper is worse? Calyn (that’s me and him put together!)
  12. Who does the laundry? 99.9% of the time: ME
  13. Who does the dishes? 99.999999% of the time: ME
  14. Who is better on the computer? Neither…we both have to enlist outside help
  15. Who mows the lawn? If we ever live someplace that has a lawn, then I’ll let you know
  16. Who pays the bills? 110% of the time: ME.
  17. Who cooks dinner? 150% of the time: ME
  18. Who drives when you are together? Both of us hate to drive…we take turns.
  19. Who is the most stubborn? Me, for sure.
  20. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? What are you talking about? I’m NEVER wrong. And I’ll prove it.
  21. Who's parents do you see more? Aaron’s. They’re in Baton Rouge every other weekend
  22. Who named your dog? Absolutely NO DOGS for us. Maybe, just maybe, we’ll have ONE cat someday.
  23. Who kissed who first? Um, I think it was mutual. It was sooo long ago, I don’t remember (we were 15/16 years old…gimme a break) I know it was on his parents’ couch…sorry Paula, but it’s true.
  24. Who asked who out? I asked him to Homecoming. I made up this ridiculous story about how I had this dress my mom bought me and I just had to go to please her. “Homecoming is SO lame, so could you please help me out of this pickle by being my date?” What a dork…I know. Just a side note, we went to homecoming together every year after that…except for my senior year when he was on his mission.
  25. What happened on the date? Let’s see. A week before I accidentally dyed my hair black (that’s another story). We went to the dance and I didn’t know that I was supposed to buy him a boutonniere. So, I had a corsage and Aaron was without. Afterwards, we went to Taco Bell for a snack and to make out in the Grand Marquis in the parking lot. Then he took me home by midnight. Oh, wait! After the Taco Bell parking lot extravaganza, Aaron must’ve been so caught up in the moment that he forgot to turn on the headlights when he took me home. We got pulled over by our D.A.R.E. officer! He let Aaron off with just a warning. So, did YOUR first date involve the cops?
  26. Who is more sensitive? Oh blah…me of course!
  27. Who has more siblings? Aaron. He has five kids in his family to my three.
  28. Who wears the pants in the relationship? I let him think he does :)
  29. Who spends more money? ME duh! Aaron NEVER spends money. If I give him $20 bucks, it’ll stay in his wallet for months until I take it out to spend it!

Love You, Aaron!

4 comments:

Holly said...

That first date story is really funny, especially the part about the D.A.R.E officer.

Holly said...

P.S. Good luck to Aaron on the exam!

Lexi said...

Ummm Aaron's OKAY I guess. If that's what you're into. Leave the kissy kissy stories out next time- I almost hurled gumbo chunks. Just kidding- Aaron's totally RAD and so are you. Now go clean house unless you're waiting for Aaron to do it the 1% that he does during the year (yeah right- that's like asking Troy to sweep and mop!). Love you guys!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Your first date story is almost identical to ours! Minus the DARE cop of course.