Sunday, December 09, 2007

27 Years of Goodness



Well, you can't do a birthday blog for your own birthday. So, I (Aaron) will be substitute-blogging for Jeni in order to let her know how simply amazing she truly is. Here is a list of the top 27 reasons why I love this woman.

27. She goes to concerts and soccer games with me. She went to about four 311 concerts with me even though she's not fond of all of their music, and we've traveled to both Chicago and Houston for professional soccer games in order to indulge my obsession with soccer.

26. She loves art and because of her, I now enjoy walking around art museums and even know a little bit about several artists.

25. She doesn't mind driving around in a 1996 Buick Century that screams old-person car.

24. She's my beautiful, brown-eyed girl. I love her big, brown eyes.

23. She has nice penmanship.

22. She keeps me organized and sane when school starts kicking the corn out of me.

21. She flosses regularly.

20. She allows me to give her as many nicknames as I want. Here's a few of my favorites: Jeni-Bear, Sweet Jeni, Baby Jeni, Sweet Baby Jeni, Enjeneer, Enjen, Poopmouth, Sweet Poopmouth Baby Jeni, Poopface, Squirrel, Squir-Litros, etc...with new ones each day.

19. She scratches my back multiple times during the course of any given day.

18. She's crafty. She can sew circles around anyone, create a breath-taking floral arrangement, make intricate corsages, or decorate the crap out of any room and make it look incredible...just to name a few.

17. She can cook with the best of 'em, and she constantly makes new dishes. So, we rarely have repeats. I love it.

16. I can always count on her laughing at my retarded jokes or comments.

15. She meshes well with my family and I with hers.

14. It's kind of scary sometimes, but our minds connect on the same wavelength almost all of the time. I'll be thinking something and before I can say anything, she'll say exactly what I was thinking. It's bizarre, and it happens more frequently the longer we're together.

13. She has amazingly beautiful teeth, and her smile is one in a million.

12. She always has the best surprises for birthdays and anniversaries.

11. She likes sleeping on my pillow when I'm not using it because she says it smells like me. Believe you me, I smell terrific.

10. She allows me to do dental work on her.

9. She has a bizarre sense of humor that I thrive upon. We have some serious laugh-a-thons quite often at our house especially at bedtime for some reason.

8. She lets me warm up my iceberg-cold feet between her thighs at night. Maybe that's too much information, but I'm pretty sure I'll leave it on the list.

7. She's very well-versed in pop culture, especially classic rock. She can name almost any band/musician while we're listening to a classic rock radio station, and it always impresses me.

6. She has funny quirks like being scared of E.T., having to sit in the corner or inside seat when we're at a restaurant, making lists for everything, owning way too many purses, and being ticklish on her calves.

5. She handles all the finances. I hate paying bills or dealing with money at all. So, I've relinquished that over to her, and she does a bang up job.

4. When a disagreement surfaces between us, we are quick to talk it out and get back to the good times.

3. She is an outstanding mother. Calyn is a very lucky little kid to have such a selfless, wonderful mom.

2. She makes me lunches almost everyday.

1. She loves me for me.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE! I LOVE YOU!

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Aww... Jeni that is so sweet. Loved to read through them. Yall are such a great couple.

Holly said...

YAY JENI, Happy Birthday!!!

Good job on the birthday blog Aaron; you and Calyn are lucky folks.

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Jeni! What a sweet husband and you sound like such a great wife!

Lexi said...

Ummm...I'm not going to wish you happy birthday because it's not your REAL birthday yet! ;-) I will say that you are mega cool and it's always fun to have the Mango's over- even if they are our charitable cause. We love you and think you're super. Stay golden Jeni-Bear!

P.S- Good job Duder.... you could melt butter with that post. You done good!

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

Oh how fun!! I think Aaron should post more often! You guys are funny. Happy EARLY birthday Jeni!!!

Nicole Child said...

That was so good Aaron! Are you a dentist? "Flosses her teeth?" "Beautiful teeth" & "Lets me do dental work one her"! Whoa you are so brave Jenni! No, really that was the best part of my day {give Paul a pep talk} just kidding! You talks were great by the way!

Jessica said...

happy birthday jeni! what a sweetie aaron is, too.
if you can come to b.r. on the 31st, it will be for you, too!

oh, and i think it is great that you are always cooking new foods. i guess i think this because i just went to the grocery store, and not one thing one our list is "new" :-(

so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 27 IS GREAT!

tweeboowee said...

happy birthday jeni....good job aaron.

obmijandhanel said...

Happy Birthday Jeni. We miss the three of you soo much, great job Aaron if I didnt know better I would think you were suckin up, but I know that you love her as much as you say you do. It shows.

Jamie Hamilton said...

Happy birthday Jeni!

And, Aaron, my favorite was #8 (feet warming). Joe and I are the opposite (as I would suspect most people are; sorry Aaron, I don't know how you got woman feet). Joe's legs are great for warming up my feet in the winter. The summer is a different thing, his feet and legs radiate heat. It's a rule that he has to keep his little hot legs on his own side of the bed.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

You guys ROCK!