Aaron and I put our tree up a few nights ago...despite Calyn vomiting on the way over to pick it up. This year I wanted a "homemade" Christmas tree. So, for the whole week I spent in Leesville, me and my mom made boo-koo ornaments and a rag garland. It turned out so pretty. I love our tree (and so does Calyn).
Oh, and CALYN'S CRAWLING! Which means , as soon as she hits the floor, she makes a beeline for the tree. Can I swat her with a rolled up piece of newspaper? :)
A close up of the rag garland
Our "ode to disco" tree top
My chartreuse, turquoise, and baby blue garland
The turquoise balls look hunter green in the photo, but their actually pretty bright
11 comments:
Gorgeous! When are you coming over to do my house? ;-)
PA-LEEZ! You DO NOT need my help. Your place is beautiful already!
Jeni. Great tree. I'm super impressed with all those "boo-koo" homemade ornaments. You are awesome.
your tree looks great! ours is rather plain...i bought about 75 "shatter resistant" balls...jackson is a walking destroyer. it's got those and some homemade garland-copied from pottery barn kids.
i love yours! thanks for sharing.
That is SO very cute! Come on over anytime and do mine!
I love a colorful Christmas tree. Nowadays people usually pick a color scheme for their tree (which can look really cute, too) but our tree was always really colorful when I was growing up. So, I like to see colorful trees. Seeing yours has inspired me to make mine more colorful.
Great tree! I especially love the rag garland - how do you do that?
Cathi- you rip strips of scrap fabric (or you can buy some if you want) and tie them to a long piece of twine and scrunch them all together...that's it.
Awesome decorarions! We just put up Christmas lights outside, so as soon as it gets dark...Blog opp!
Wow, what a cute tree! I have a some disco ball ornaments, too :) I'm inspired by the homemade ornaments, maybe I can get my act together and make some for our tree.
Jeni you are so creative! I love the homemade garland on the Christmas tree! Hope you all have a good Christmas this year and I will be sure to get you a card in the mail. I can't believe that Calyn is crawling already.
Post a Comment