Friday, July 20, 2007

Getting Back to This...


Okay, so I just joined a gym. Calyn is going on four months old, so my excuse of "just had a baby" is quickly expiring. The above photo was taken last summer. I was a size 8 and weighed 130 lbs. As you can see from Calyn's blessing photos, I'm not that anymore. I have about 30 lbs to lose, and the only way I can lose it is to have a gym membership. I hate running outside. For one thing, I'm paranoid of being kidnapped and raped. For another, I live in Louisiana, and it is blazing hot outside. I prefer treadmill running in air conditioning while watching TV. Finally, the membership dues are drafted out of our bank account automatically each month, so if I don't go and workout, I'm wasting MONEY. If anything, the money will drive me to workout.

This blog will be where I'm accountable for my progress.

Today is July 20, 2007. I weigh 160, and I'm still wearing maternity clothes (that was so hard to admit).

I'll keep you updated...wish me luck!

10 comments:

tweeboowee said...

thats such a cute photo of you two....good luck!!!

Lexi said...

Don't worry- I too am sporting the maternity clothes wardrobe. I seriously am in need of some new clothes. I've been walking nearly everyday but my problem is all the goodies that are living in our house- maybe when we stop impulse indulging, I'll be able to start dropping the last few pounds. You and I should go shopping soon and you too Stacy- a girls day with just us so we can actually try stuff on. I won't wish you luck because you don't need it- I know you'll be back to your 'original' self in no time- you always bounce back fine. Love ya Jeni bear!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

You are SO not alone in this. At first I was losing weight pretty rapidly, but I'm starting to gain some back because I have no self control. Hmmm, see you at Italian Pie. As far as shopping, yes, I'll be there and no kids would be nice. Today I tried looking at clothes in Banana Republic and a lady offered to hold Ian for me b/c I was searching for clothes with one hand.

Jessica said...

Okay, so my baby is 15 months old. It is SO not a shot of self esteem when a lady at my mom's church asked if I am pregnant...nope, just leftover baby fat. Good for you for actually doing something about it. I am sure you will be back to your old self in no time flat...flat tummy and all. Good luck!

Jeni said...

Yeah, my breaking point was when I was at Gymboree and the girl at the counter asked me if I was having a girl..."No, I've already had her."

Jeni said...

Stacy- um, yeah...the Italian Pie, cheese balls, m&m cookies, milkshake...not a good day to start working out!

Lexi- Give me a couple months and I'll be ready to go shopping for new clothes. It was good to see you today! Can't wait for the eighties party!

Jordan said...

Mmmm, those cookies sitting on my counter are so freakin' good!!!

Just kidding, Jeni! You are awesome. And, Calyn is what, two days old?!!! Go easy on yourself girl!

Jessica said...

it was great seeing you guys for a few seconds today! (sunday) calyn is so stinkin' cute! good luck working out...maybe you can inspire me

Holly said...

I feel your pain. After I stopped breastfeeding Kailey, I gained some extra pounds on top of the baby weight that I hadn't lost! Good luck with the gym! After continually gaining weight I joined Jazzercise, its fun, and I've lost some weight even with the new pregnancy. The ob said that it was fine since it is healthy weight loss. I hope that you have lots of success at the gym, and look forward to seeing your progress.

Paige and Gerald said...

You can do it. I have decided that weight loss is all psychosomatic. It's all in our heads. Mind over matter baby. You can do it. Just don't obsess over it and then it will be much easier and much more pleasant. And no negative commentary in your head. Simply don't allow it. I'm no expert but that's my two cents.