Five Years! Wow! Today Aaron and I celebrated our fifth anniversary. This year was my turn to plan the day. Fortunately, Aaron was out of school. Unfortunately, he had to study for a test. But, we did manage lunch out at our favorite restaurant, The Chimes (the original one, not the new Sherwood establishment). I had some yummy shrimp, red beans and rice, and a Caesar salad. Aaron munched on the same meal, but instead of shrimp he had a blackened salmon sandwich. Calyn fell asleep on my lap, so Aaron and I reminisced about our previous year of marriage.
Tonight we barbecued sirloin steak kabobs with pineapple, bell pepper, and red onion. I made a scrumptious Greek Salad with a basil vinaigrette and a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The cake and frosting were all made from scratch so it was extra delicious. I decorated the top with pecans in the shape of a heart. We sat and listened to Postal Service while we enjoyed our dinner. It was a really nice evening.
On our fifth anniversary I'd like to publicly express my love for my dear, sweet husband. There is no one else on this planet I'd rather spend the rest of my life and eternity with. Together we have created the most beautiful little girl who has enriched our lives in so many ways. Aaron is not only my husband; he's my best friend. We have the most fun together just sitting around the house. I can't function without him, and I'd like to think he feels the same way about me. I can't sleep at night until he's tucked in next to me. Last night I came into bed after him. I crawled into bed, and he rolled over, putting his arm around me. He snuggled up close and whispered in my ear, "Baby, I love you...I need you forever."
Well, babe...
"I Cannot Live
I Can't Breathe
Unless You Do This with Me."
I Can't Breathe
Unless You Do This with Me."
3 comments:
ummmm...yeah- when did you say you were cooking dinner? About 6:00? Tonight? We'll be there! This looks as Rachel Ray always says.... YUMMY!
Oh yeah... I got distracted by the yumminess and forgot to say... Congrats on five years of happiness and love! I will never look at Flag Day the same again. I know what you guys were doing! ;-)
Happy 5th Squirrel and Azor!!!
Post a Comment