
The other day, I took Calyn with me to check our mail. It was sprinkling outside, and as we walked, I ducked my head to avoid those tiny droplets. I was about to put my hand over Cal's face to shield her from the rain, but realized she had her head turned to the sky and her eyes closed...letting the rain sprinkle on her face. At that moment, I wondered when in my life did rain become a nuisance? When was the last time I turned my face upward and closed my eyes, feeling the rain on my face? So, I stopped walking, looked upward, closed my eyes, and enjoyed the rain with my little daughter.
2 comments:
AWESOME!! That's what life's all about! Infact, you should watch "Instinct" with Anthony Hopkins (my favorite movie)if you haven't already because it's all about how gorillas in nature have it way better than us humans in our concrete world.
Perfect moment. I can't tell you how many times a day my children force me to "slow down" and take it all in. About a million.
Post a Comment