I start my day by preparing Aaron's lunch (which he is thrilled I'm now doing--he hates the expensive cafeteria food at school). Next I shower and get dressed for the day. After that, the sky's the limit. Usually the rest of my day is filled with laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, and picking up sets of plaster teeth from all over the house.
Sometimes it's a day where the pregnancy exhaustion overcomes me and I accomplish absolutely nothing at all. But with the exhaustion I do get those "sudden bursts of energy" that I read about in my pregnancy literature. The other night, I was up until 1:00 am making strawberry jam. Sweet Aaron went to the grocery store for me at 11:00 pm to buy me some fruit pectin. I told him where to find it, but he still had to ask three associates until he found someone who knew what "pectin" was.
I've also gone completely nuts with baking/cooking. I bake bread at least twice a week. I've made banana pudding and peach cobbler from scratch (no Jell-O boxes!). I've made Eggplant Bolognese, homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs (no Ragu!), and spinach salad with a white wine vinaigrette. Needless to say, Aaron is loving it!
I am curious, however, to see if this new behavior will continue once the baby arrives. I know it won't at first, but hopefully I'll get back in this groove. Only time will tell...
All I can say is that I am really happy being "just a housewife."
6 comments:
that looks sooo good....can't wait to meet the little jenron...hahaha
HEEYYYYYY!!! Don't be stingy with all of those DELICIOUS meals you're making. The Hutch's need some yummies in their bellies ;^)
love, light, and laughter
Hutch
jeni---i'm impressed. i go through phases of ebracing and then shunning housewifery. it is a bonus yo be the master of your domain. i don't think you'll have any problem continuing after calyn comes.
okay, so I was trying to type that with Hazel in my other arm...hmmm.
hey guys! it's the beechers!
we sure love reading your blog & are so impressed with your many talents & action-packed lives. can't wait to here that you've become a mommy & daddy! let us know.
A&J,
Here's hoping that baby comes out with full chin stubble. Miss y'all and am very excited for you.
Chris
Post a Comment