The other night we had our ward Valentine's party. It was a "Sadie Hawkins" (I can't believe I had the nerve to ask Aaron Mangum to accompany me!) dance and talent show. I was one of two members of TEAM PANDA. For some reason I don't want to explore, Aaron likes panda bear shirts. He has one called, "Panda Poo," which I wore, and another titled "Panda-monium" that he proudly wears whenever it is clean. Due to a lack of time, we chose to wear these shirts and so TEAM PANDA was born.

A Work of Art
A Work of Art
Every once in a while, I'll make my way to the bathroom to tinkle and find and little surprise left for me by my sweet, creative husband. I'm not going to tell you what he was doing while he created this masterpiece, but I will tell you that this is the sitting view from our potty.
Some people read magazines; Aaron plays with shaving cream...
A Baby Shower
A few weeks ago my friends Lexi and Stacy threw a baby shower for me. It was such a fun afternoon. Mom, Stephanie, and Paula came down from Leesville to be in attendance. Afterwards, our apartment started to look like a baby was on her way.
Aunt Stephanie (my sister) gave her niece this ADORABLE rocking caterpillar
A friend at church made this dresser/changing table for us
My friend Milissa gave me this piece of art that she created with pastels. I had always loved this piece of hers, and she gave it to me! I absolutely love it...
Little Debbies and Memories
The other day I was eating my lunch at work when it came time for the "treat." I had a package of heart shaped Little Debbie chocolate cakes. As I opened the package it dawned on me that these little cakes in their original octagonal shape were treats we only got when we visited my Grandma Alice's house in Missouri. In the early 1980's, Wal-mart was only in the south and did not exist in Utah. We didn't have Little Debbie snacks in Utah, so my Grandma Alice would occasionally send a box to me because she knew I loved them. After sharing this little memory with my mom, she told me that Grandma Alice had made the comment that it cost more to ship the cakes to me than the cakes had cost her. But, she did it anyways because she loved me...
It makes me wonder what kind of moments/memories my children will share with their grandparents. What will be unique to Grandma and Nana's house? What kinds of things as adults will trigger their memories of their grandmas, like Little Debbie chocolate cakes and Jergen's lotion does for me? Creating these memories are so important to me, and that is why I am so grateful that we live close to family and that our little girl will get to know these amazing women in my life. She will be privileged to see them often, a blessing I was not granted with my grandma. I am however grateful for the few memories I do have, and I will cherish them forever.
A Baby Shower
A few weeks ago my friends Lexi and Stacy threw a baby shower for me. It was such a fun afternoon. Mom, Stephanie, and Paula came down from Leesville to be in attendance. Afterwards, our apartment started to look like a baby was on her way.
Little Debbies and Memories
The other day I was eating my lunch at work when it came time for the "treat." I had a package of heart shaped Little Debbie chocolate cakes. As I opened the package it dawned on me that these little cakes in their original octagonal shape were treats we only got when we visited my Grandma Alice's house in Missouri. In the early 1980's, Wal-mart was only in the south and did not exist in Utah. We didn't have Little Debbie snacks in Utah, so my Grandma Alice would occasionally send a box to me because she knew I loved them. After sharing this little memory with my mom, she told me that Grandma Alice had made the comment that it cost more to ship the cakes to me than the cakes had cost her. But, she did it anyways because she loved me...
It makes me wonder what kind of moments/memories my children will share with their grandparents. What will be unique to Grandma and Nana's house? What kinds of things as adults will trigger their memories of their grandmas, like Little Debbie chocolate cakes and Jergen's lotion does for me? Creating these memories are so important to me, and that is why I am so grateful that we live close to family and that our little girl will get to know these amazing women in my life. She will be privileged to see them often, a blessing I was not granted with my grandma. I am however grateful for the few memories I do have, and I will cherish them forever.
1 comment:
So fun to see the apartment transforming into a place for baby girl!! We are so excited for her arrival. And...maybe the father should get some counseling regarding his foam sculptures on the edge of the tub? Hmmm.
Post a Comment