March 2011:
April 2011:
May 2011!!!
Onions
Brandywine heirloom tomato: this was an experiment. I just popped some seeds in the ground to see what would happen. It's doing really well! I'm hoping for late season tomatoes from this baby.
Jalapenos
Bell Pepper
RIPE tomatoes!!!!! (Rutgers and Roma)
Green beans
*Three applications of fungicide with religious plucking of infected leaves saved my tomato plants from Blight. Some of them have grown about four feet tall! Now I just have a pesky grasshopper that likes to snack on my leaves. It's not really bad, just annoying.
*Waiting to see how my "lesbian zucchini" plant will do. Supposedly it only produces female flowers and doesn't require pollination. The result is sterile zucchini, but if I get edible zucchini from it, I don't care. It's not like I harvest the seeds to plant next year.
3 comments:
beautiful garden! Yummy food, lots of hard work, but worth it!
Jealous of your tomatoes! I think ours have succumbed to blight. But, on the upside, we have more squash than we know what to do with....maybe we can work out some sort of trade :-P
Impressive! Nice work!
Post a Comment