Aaron and I are attempting our first garden. Our Bible? All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. We'll see how the summer progresses, but for now it looks like it's doing great! We have had one causality so far: crookneck yellow squash. It wasn't very happy after it was transplanted. The other yellow squash is doing super, though. So, who knows?
We've got many varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, green beans, sugar snap peas, carrots, onions, lettuce, strawberries, jalapenos, orange and green bell peppers. Plus some herbs, dahlias, and Mexican heather. Whew. All in 32 square feet!
My strawberries and the sole surviving crookneck yellow squash.
The leftovers/container section;)
Also in progress: A new patio!!! I'll post before/after pictures when we're done with THAT project. Hopefully soon.
6 comments:
Those are sexy garden boxes.
so i was so glad when you commented a while back on my blog-- because I didn't notice you had changed your blog name....I had your old one and thought you had deleted your blog!
I love seeing pix of my future daughter in law, she's so freaking cute!:)
Fun! Very impressive, too!
(P.S. I can't get over how alike your kiddos look!)
What a beautiful garden! I tried gardening once upon a time... I think I got a tomato out of it... Hopefully you will have more luck than I did! It looks promising!
Great looking garden - can't wait to se if we can have good luck with our when we get back.
More blogs, more blogs! Loved them all! So cute, so precious!
Post a Comment