Thirty. That's how old I am now. How did we celebrate? Well, the weekend before, Aaron surprised me with a weekend away in Natchez, MS. We stayed at Monmouth Plantation bed and breakfast. It was equipped with a sitting room fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The bed: not so comfy. The breakfast: to die for...strawberry cream cheese stuffed French Toast. I had never been to Natchez. It was so cute! Old houses, antique shops, a cute downtown area that was decorated for Christmas, and AWESOME food. We went to dinner at The Castle. They had killer, hot, fresh-baked dinner rolls and one of the best steaks I've ever eaten: Black Truffle Glazed Ribeye with a side of gouda mashed potatoes and asparagus. I'm dying to go back just to order that steak again.
My thirtieth year was also celebrated with a girl's trip to New Orleans for a weekend. We ate, shopped, ate, shopped, took St. Charles trolley ride, and walked around Lakelawn Metairie cemetary where I found the original tomb of "THE" Jefferson Davis.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jeni! Live it up, girl!
You not only worked thru your
20's, you worked thru your teens! Have a great year!
Woohoo! This post makes me smile. :) It was so fun to see you! Happy 30th birthday to you!
I love Natchez! We went there for our honeymoon and had dinner at The Castle...AMAZING steaks! Glad you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment