Monday, May 17, 2010

Second Honeymoon (with some work for Aaron;)




Four days away with no kids...that's a honeymoon in my book.
Aaron had a seminar a little north of San Diego in Carlsbad, CA. The kiddos stayed with my family in L-town so we were childless for several days. Thursday and Friday Aaron was gone all day, so I slept in, ordered room service, finished Harry Potter out by the pool, and...oh yeah, shopped! It was seriously the break I had been needing. Two days by myself to do what I wanted, four evenings alone with the hubby, and one whole day of adventure as a couple. California was fun as a business trip, but if you're looking for a "beach" vacation, go to Florida.


3 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I agree. CA beaches are rocky and dark and the waves are SCARY. BUT I love their piers. They always have restaurants at the end and the sunsets there are amazing (partly because of the smog adding some color.) I actually never went to Venice beach. It had a reputation of being the pot smokers paradise, so I refrained. My beaches were always Huntington, Long beach, or Santa Monica. I never got in the water though. Anyway, sorry about the rambling. You sparked some memories of my Cali. days. I always loved the day after a good rain because the smog would clear out just for a day and I could actually see blue in the sky. Your trip looks like so much fun. I wish we had that luxury of leaving the kids with someone. You guys are so lucky.

Kathy said...

Wow Jeni, sounds dreamy, so jealous!

Shuldberg Family said...

I agree. You can't even get in the water it's so cold