
Valentine's weekend we headed north with our friends the Liddles. Aaron, Kristel, and Justin signed up for a 10K trail run at a lake in north Louisiana. I was (and still am) nursing some shin splits, so I was on kid-wrangling duty while everyone else ran. It was so pretty up at the lake. Aaron and I grew up in a small town about 45 minutes away from here, yet I had never been to the lake. It was overcast, cool and perfect for an early morning run.

Aaron won third place in his age group

Calyn was actually EATING the BBQ ribs that were served after the race. This kid won't eat ANYTHING yet she was fiercely ripping the meat off the bone. Who woulda thought?

Wearing Daddy's thrid place prize

Strolling lakeside

Janie, Kate, Anna, and Caltrate

Team New Orleans
A-rod, Justin, and Kristel
(Kristel won 1st place OVERALL female...I'll let her tell you about that:)

Two little monkeys jumpin' on the bed
Calyn had a blast chasing the Liddle girls around. She frequently asks for "Cake" (Kate) since our weekend away. Can't wait for next year!
3 comments:
We had a blast! Thanks for the fun weekend and thanks again for watching all the liddle girls. Let's do another trip soon!
Sounds like lots of fun, exciting too! Congrats to our three runners, you did good! Jeni,hope your leg troubles get better soon.
She actually ate ribs? I'm astonished! The girl DOES eat food ;-)
Post a Comment