Monday, February 09, 2009

Killin' time

Afternoons are always the hardest. What can I do to fill the time between when Calyn wakes up from her nap and when we start the whole dinner/bath/bedtime routine? Usually we just go outside or next door to Amy's. But the past two weeks have been cold outside and Calyn has been sick, so no playing with Alex. Forget driving anywhere in New Orleans past 1:00 pm. FINALLY, we had some warm weather on Friday, so we headed outside for some bubbles and water hose playing.

6 comments:

TJ-n-Crystal said...

I LOVE her piggy tails. And the video was soooo cute. We sure do miss you guys.

Lexi said...

Whoa. Was that a bubble gun or what? There's no way you could have blown all of those bubbles yourself... right?!

The weather here has been crazy too. Peyton gets so excited on the rare day we do get to go outside. Poor kid. I'm sure he would be fine but I have no coat and am not about to buy a maternity coat when I won't need it next year. I'm just hoping the rain and ice storms will move on- I'm ready for some sun!

mccready's said...

Ugh. I totally know what you mean. From 2-5 seem to drag on eternally for us. And I never do any chores after 1:00 either... otherwise we're just sitting in traffic for an hour and a half. It's ridiculous. I have found a new (cheap) thing to keep Lizzy occupied lately. I bought several bags of lentils (in the bean aisle) at the grocery store and poured them all out into a big tub. Then we go outside with some beach toys like a shovel and rake and some cups and Lizzy will keep herself occupied for a LONG time. It's like a sandbox, but less messy and less expensive.

Jenn said...

Love the bubbles picture. She is so cute with her piggy tails :)

The Original Mangums said...

Bubbles, a great distraction!

Jamie Hamilton said...

Those pictures are super, super cute!
We've been loving the warm weather, too. Being stuck in the house really is tough when you've got toddlers that turn into mega-destructor when they get bored and make huge messes.