Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Morning After...

Last night Aaron and I were in bed at 8:15!! What?! Are we crazy? I think we're getting old and decrepit. Can't you tell that we were really excited to watch the election results?

Anyhoo, so this morning we woke up to Obama, our new president. I figured this would happen. I voted for McCain, but I wasn't super-excited about him. All I'll say is Obama better not raise taxes and socialize medicine when we're in an economic recession. (Did I mention I saw a group of his supporters waving a Soviet Union flag?)

And then, we ate waffles.

6 comments:

BRENTandROBIN + three said...

I really enjoy the 'blog a day' thing you have going. It's about time after a long time of NOTHING! I can't really talk because our blog is struggling. Love you!

Lexi said...

I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about O being president. After all of Troy's hard work and after we're just starting to hold our own and pull through, O is going to tax the poo out of us and we're going to be scraping by again. Arrggh! At least YOU got waffles this morning- I just had a crummy bowl of oatmeal. Boo.

The Original Mangums said...

I'm enjoying your blog also, thank you! We went to bed at 10:00, it was disappointing, but then. as you said, McCain wasn't all that great! We will be ok.

Jamie Hamilton said...

Joe just almost did a flip, he loved your blog background so much. Every time I'm reading your blog and he sees it, he comments on how nice it looks.
A Soviet Union flag, really? Yikes, huh?

Jordan said...

Basically people are stupid and you can't count on them. Thank goodness for faith, right? I voted for Obama and now, just praying that the right changes are made.

Holly said...

I'm a little worried especially since Joel is now a small business owner, bad news for us I'm afraid. Socialized health care, I sure hope not, what a nightmare if it happens.