Monday, October 27, 2008

Alright, Alright, ALRIGHT!

I've had some complaints about my blog. "I can't stand to see that little black eye anymore!" said Paula. Then I was looking at my friend Amy's blog and she has an update bar that said it's been three weeks since I updated. Fine. You want a blog update? HERE'S your blog update!

We've been on the road again. Aaron and I went to San Antonio for the ADA conference while Calyn spent a few days at Nana and Papa's nest. We had a good time, but were deeply disappointed in the Mexican cuisine. We tried three places in the three days we were there and came up empty handed. Maybe we're too picky. Or maybe San Antonio's "Mexican" is too touristy. Whatever the reason, the best place for Mexican is still our little trailer joint Taqueria Sanchez here in NOLA.

Don't let the picture deceive you...this meal wasn't so great.
The atmosphere, however, was awesome. Dining riverside with cool breezes and sunny skies.

Yes, it's the Alamo.
We didn't go inside...we heard it wasn't worth it. The gardens in the back were very nice.

On the river tour...thanks for making us go Kara!

Mariachi bands EVERYWHERE! Even at this ITALIAN restaurant.

Most of the trip we were on a "Whataburger" budget. Contrary to Aaron's face, this meal was good. See that greasy box? It's a deep fried pumpkin pie...yum.

(Misc. pics to follow)

Bathtime Bucket Head
(She also likes to run around the house with this same bucket on her head. She takes off running and slams into stuff. We think it's hilarious, which is why I think she keeps doing it.)

Booty-crack car washers at your service.

Sunday evenings playing with dad. Look at all those teeth!
The last sets are coming in!!! Yay!!

Saturday morning spent at the park.

Calyn LOVES feeding ducks. She laughs her head off! The hard part is keeping her from eating the moldy bread we feed the ducks.

6 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

I love your blog, it made my day to see the new pictures. Got to go to San Antonio again, it has changed a lot in 45 years! Love you, Paula

Jamie Hamilton said...

I was starting to wonder if CPS didn't come and lock y'all up for that black eye. These new pictures are much nicer. Bath time bucket head is hilarious. Allison went through a bucket head phase and she would also slam into walls. These babies are just a good time.

Erika said...

Oh man, I can't wait until Lily can do silly buckethead stuff to make us laugh. I especially can't wait until I can give her a shiner like that one too!

Kathy said...

Sounds like fun! Yeah I am kinda picky about my mexican food. You should come over to Dallas and your will have a lot to choose from.

The Awesome Rawsons said...

FIRST of all...what's up with not saying "hi" while you were here in our back yard?!
Secondly, the food here sucks. I looked at Jared yesterday and said "so the food back home in LA is better, isn't it?" after many failed attempts at finding redeeming here in San Antonio. The only Mexican restaurant we've liked so far is called Perrico's. We took Lexi and Troy. I still don't think its phenomenal or anything, but we would have taken you and had a lovely evening out of it. Hey, if you've gotta eat blah food, you may as well do it with friends!
Thirdly, the Alamo isn't worth the wait to go in. We always go straight for the garden out back when we take people through.

mccready's said...

Yay San Antonio! I'm so envious that you got to go there! I miss it so much! I'm sorry that you didn't have a good TexMex experience. Did you try Taco Cabana? It's a restaurant chain and all their buildings are pink. Cheap and GOOD!