Well, I finally got SICK of my hair after a couple months of he-hawin' around about it. I couldn't decide what to do. Cut it? Leave it? I liked the long hair when I fixed it (about once every two weeks), but it took SOOO long to fix it, I usually just twisted it into a bun. AND, little fingers kept getting tangled in it. This week I came to my breaking point and chopped it. Never felt better. Love it. Less shampoo. Less time. Less tangles. Less frustration.
When I would run, it would wrap around my neck like a scarf.
I had to brush it out BEFORE I showered, and afterwards, I would have to spray detangler in it and comb it out for a while.
Because it was so long and heavy, it was super flat on my head.
It took 30 minutes to blow-dry AFTER air drying for an hour.
I felt like if I cut it, I would be wasting the years I spent growing it out...but I didn't. I donated the hair to make wigs for cancer patients. Ahhhh...love shortER hair:)
9 comments:
yeah, i "accidently" (which means, i neglected getting a haircut) let my hair grow past the middle of my back, it was great for our wedding, but after 3 years of having it long, i was done! I had it with long hair. So, a few months ago, i got it chopped to shoulder length. the long hair was driving me insane. I would run my fingers through my hair and a huge chunk of strands would come out. So, i'm with you on the shorter hair.....in the first pic and you talking about putting it in a bun reminds me of the pentecostal women here.....
I was feeling Pentecostal...the only thing that saved me from that look was jeans and make-up. I forgot to mention all the strands of hair that was EVERYWHERE: Calyn's diapers, the laundry, the sink...yuck.
Wow I did not know your hair was that long!
The picture doesn't even do it justice- your hair looks great!
Wow... you're my inspiration. I wanna get mine cut too!!! Since the back shots look good, then I am sure your hair looks great!
That was some long hair! I let mine grow a little (about as long as your hair is now, which was really long for me) after I had Kailey and was relieved to have it short again when I finally gave in and cut it.
HOLY CRAP!!! That's a lot of hair gone. Can't wait to see the front view.
It looks GREAT! I just got my hair cut too. Only about 3 inches though. Your hair will hold curl so much better now if you diffuse it or roll it. I know mine did when I got a lot cut off. I laughed when I read it wrapped around your neck like a scarf when running. That just cracked me up for some reason.
You have just described the exact reasons I will never have long hair again. My wedding was the last time it will ever go past my chin/shoulders. It looked so pretty on you though. I wish I could've seen a face shot.
Post a Comment