
Last night around midnight Aaron and I snuck out of the house (with Calyn snug in bed under the watchful eye of her Nana and Papa). Before we had Calyn, we would frequent Louie's Diner for late night pancakes or burgers. We would sit and talk and just enjoy each other's company. But, since our little girl joined us, we don't get to do that as often as we used to.
So, last night we went to Louie's and ordered some burgers and hash browns (followed by a slice of French Silk pie). I read one time in a magazine that when you go out with your husband, the two of you shouldn't talk about the kids. Well, without even trying, we managed to talk about pretty much everything BUT Calyn.
After our diner meal, neither of us were ready to go home. So, I suggested we go the LSU parade grounds. My college roommate and I used to go there late at night and eat Taco Bell on the grass. Aaron and I went into the middle of the grassy lawn and laid there staring at the cloudy sky. A storm was flashing lighting far in the distance. It was so calm and...refreshing. We laid there for about an hour talking, joking, and um....kissing. It felt like the "old" us again. I sometimes miss the pre-Calyn "Aaron and Jeni." I could focus all my love and attention on Aaron, but now I feel like it's divided between him and Calyn. And, unfortunately, Aaron is the one who comes out short-changed. I just want to publicly tell you, Aaron, that I LOVED last night and I LOVE you. I always have and I always will.
7 comments:
Sweet. You gotta keep those fires lit, baby! It's probably the hardest balance to achieve "post-kids". Well done!
Awwwwwww! That makes my heart melt just reading it. I'm glad you guys got some alone time- you need time to be just you sometimes and it makes all the difference.
sounds so sweet. sounds like the perfect date.
i love louies!! my old roomie and i used to frequent it late at night, too...it just tastes better that way. sounds like you guys had a great night!
That is so sweet! Nate and I (Sarah) celebrated our 7 year anniversary on Saturday 1 September 2007. It was wonderful. Your little post here just reminded me of that. Anyways love you Jen! Good luck on the move.
This is really sweet-I just had to comment (I hope you don't mind me commenting/reading...I got here from Kathy Fowler's blog). This date seems sooooooo like you guys! ~Anne-Marie
You guys are so sweet and this seems sooooo you! (I hope you guys don't mind me commenting/reading...I got to yours from Kathy Fowler's blog). -Anne-Marie
Post a Comment