Thursday, March 22, 2007

Going Along with the Crowd

Since everyone else has a "100 Things" on their blog, I figured I'd follow suit and do it too!!

  1. My full name is Jennifer Lynn Blakley Mangum
  2. I love chocolate pudding
  3. My most prized possessions are my photo albums and my Care Bear: Love-a-Lot
  4. I’m obsessed with handbags
  5. I love watching Food Network and attempting to cook like the pros. It’s frustrating however because my kitchen is so small, I’m only cooking for two, and afterwards I have to hand-wash all the dishes, pots, and pans. Needless to say, I often don’t cook like that!
  6. I like to sew
  7. I’m a list maker: from what I’m going to do for the day to a packing list for the tiniest of travels. There is something rewarding about crossing things out.
  8. I enjoy watching Scrubs, Seinfeld, The Office, Heros, and My Name is Earl on TV
  9. I detest Root Beer. It’s the beverage of Satan.
  10. I love my husband…I mean I REALLY love my husband
  11. My favorite food is garden-grown tomatoes right off the vine with salt. I lick the juices off the plate when the tomato is gone!
  12. If I could travel to one place in the world, it would be Rome, Italy.
  13. The trait I inherited from my dad is the need to be right all the time…I will go to great lengths to prove I’m right.
  14. The trait I inherited from my mom is my calm, easy-going demeanor.
  15. I’m the only person in my family with bone straight hair. Everyone else has curly/wavy hair.
  16. I only plan on having three children
  17. I have a scrapbook where I keep magazine clippings of decorating inspirations
  18. In our future home, Aaron and I have decided we will have separate bathrooms
  19. I really love our cars: 1991 Toyota Corolla and a 1996 Buick Century
  20. My metals of choice are sterling silver and white gold
  21. I’m NOT a dog fan. One cat will suffice someday.
  22. My husband has to make me floss my teeth at night
  23. I love to clean out the house every couple of months and take piles of junk to the thrift shop-it’s liberating
  24. I hate the word Capital/Capitol. The “capital city” is spelled with an “al” while the “capitol building” is spelled with an “ol.” Cities are called the capital city because that’s where the capitol building is located. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
  25. I can’t wait until I’m not pregnant and can take Motrin again. Tylenol is for losers.
  26. I’d love to go to New York City (and not be restrained by a budget…)
  27. Someday I’ll grow a flower and vegetable garden
  28. I love IKEA
  29. I hate being snuggled at night when I’m trying to sleep
  30. I married a snuggler
  31. I’ve lived in Germany, Utah, Japan, and Louisiana
  32. I met my husband when I was 12 years old
  33. I have one sister, Stephanie, and one brother, Brian
  34. I wouldn’t be able to function properly without my cell phone, the internet, and a coke (I’m a slave to technology and brown bubbly liquids)
  35. My favorite color is Hot Pink
  36. I collect cookbooks and aprons
  37. I’m sentimental. I keep napkins, etc from special nights/occasions.
  38. I go nuts over “a good deal.”
  39. I love shopping…
  40. My favorite bands are Chevelle, Pearl Jam, Bush, and Radiohead (their old stuff)
  41. My favorite solo artists are Lisa Loeb, Sarah McLachlan, and Richard Marx (yes, of the 80’s variety)
  42. I twirl my hair
  43. Mine and Aaron’s song is “Mayonnaise” by Smashing Pumpkins
  44. I like Miracle Whip better than Mayonnaise
  45. I prefer to run on a treadmill to running outside
  46. My favorite movies are actually three sets of trilogies (9 movies total): Back to the Future, Star Wars (old), and Lord of the Rings
  47. I also love You’ve Got Mail and Dirty Dancing
  48. My favorite snack is Tostitos chips with Salsa con Queso and a Coke
  49. I like stripes
  50. I watch the Fox News Channel all day
  51. I like to feed the squirrels and birds outside our apartment
  52. I really like using Wite-Out
  53. I think its funny I have to show my driver’s license when I buy Wite-Out
  54. My favorite type of shoe is the flip-flop. If I have to wear something other than that, I like to wear Doc Martens.
  55. Spring is my favorite time of year in Louisiana. Everything is a bright, rich green, the azaleas are in bloom, and the weather is gorgeous (low 70's, cool breeze, and sunny). I especially love how the oak trees create a green canopy over the streets and patches of sunshine filter through. It's wonderful.
  56. I will not touch a public door (bathroom, store) with my bare hands
  57. I like rainy days
  58. I hate sunny, humid days after it rains
  59. My favorite flower is a hydrangea
  60. My favorite magazine is “Everyday Food”
  61. I like buying pens
  62. Only my immediate family members call me “Jennifer.” To everyone else I’m “Jeni”
  63. In 3rd grade I had an identity crisis. I hated being “Jennifer B.” so I changed my name to “Jenny, Jennie, Jenni or Jeny.” My teacher had a conference with my mom and told her I had to pick one spelling and stick with it. I chose “Jennie” and stayed that way until 7th grade when I adopted the cooler “Jeni.”
  64. I don’t read comic books, but I like comic book movies
  65. Bananas are my favorite fruit…you can never get a bad tasting one
  66. My favorite variety of apple is the Granny Smith
  67. My favorite candy bar is Skor (Twix is a close second)
  68. Tom Hanks is my favorite actor
  69. I used to have my tongue pierced
  70. I prefer lip gloss to lipstick
  71. I’ve been dying my hair since 7th grade
  72. I’ve been married almost five years
  73. I really like all my friends
  74. I like to recycle
  75. I’m not a tree-hugger
  76. I like the feeling of a new toothbrush (good thing I married a dentist)
  77. Nothing beats the feeling of getting into fresh sheets right after you showered
  78. I like photography
  79. I wish I played a musical instrument
  80. I could eat Chinese food everyday
  81. My favorite painting is “Nighthawks” by Edward Hopper
  82. I love history…WWII, Civil War, and the Holocaust are my usual focus
  83. I’ve had my tragus (the little piece of cartilage covering the opening of your ear) pierced since I was a Senior in high school.
  84. I graduated from Leesville High School in 1999.
  85. I went all the way to the State Science Fair my Junior year in high school
  86. I won first place in the D.A.R.E. essay contest out of all the students in my school in 6th grade. I had to read it in front of everyone at D.A.R.E. graduation.
  87. I am proud to say I always have been and always will be Drug Free!
  88. The most valuable thing I learned in high school was how to type.
  89. It’s taken me a week to think of 89 things to say about myself.
  90. My first car was a 1983 Ford Escort that my Grandma Alice bought for me.
  91. Becoming a mother is an exciting and scary thing for me
  92. My debit card is purple
  93. I like jewelry...from the cheap to the expensive...love accessorizing
  94. I like taking hot baths with candles
  95. I like Double Decker tacos from Taco Bell
  96. I prefer Target to Wal-Mart
  97. I made all my daughter’s bedding for her crib
  98. I wish we weren’t moving back to New Orleans this summer
  99. Aaron and I have made a goal to visit all 50 states at some point during our marriage. We’ve been to 25 of 50 so far.
  100. I love my life, and I’m very happy!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I've discovered from your list that I love and consume much of "the drink of the devil" and I'm a loser (use tylenol, instead of Motrin--in my defense: it's easier on your liver!)

I loved reading your list and getting to know Jeni better, and love love your crib bedding!! Can't wait until the crib is filled up with a baby Jeni!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I don't really pay attention to my likes and dislikes. This was very educational for me. I thought I knew you pretty well, but now I definately do. We should save up to go on a trip to NYC because I REALLY would LOVE to go and check out a real live Broadway show (Phantom, Lion King, and Stomp are my top 3.)Luv ya!
Does spelling Love wrong bug you as much as Capital/Capitol? Are you supposed to "capitalize" the word/words? Ahhh!!! Now you've got me stressed.

Jeni said...

Purposely spelling things wrong does not bug me...only the "grammatical" items that don't make sense bug me. Lets leave all the kids with the daddys and hit NYC. Oh, and by the way I LUV you too!

Mark said...

Fantastic. A brief glimpse into the life & mind of Jeni has been entertaining, even inspiring in some ways. Indeed, you are a fluid photographer, excellent pictures bring your blog to life. I will admit, I looked up Edward Hopper's painting - I look forward to discussing it in detail with you sometime.