Monday, August 21, 2006

People thought it would never happen...

Well, after four years of marital bliss, Aaron and I have finally started a family! We are expecting a baby sometime in April. Right now it is referred to as "the embryo" or "the kid" (to Paula's dismay--we can never stop disappointing her!). We must have set some kind of Mormon record by choosing to hold off on kids this long! Well, maybe that's not true, but we're definitely in the minority among our species. We were a bit surprised by this change of events, but it was a pleasant surprise, and we're happy. Here was Aaron's reaction when he found out...



Just kidding, but I thought that was a funny picture. We even got our first baby gift. Paula and Carl bought these the same night we told them our news:



I don't know what we would do without the support of our wonderful families. We'll keep news posted here as it happens!


Shrek needs a root canal!

LSU Dental School has had to change some of their methods of teaching their students how to do root canals. Instead of real patients, they thought it would be more cost effective for Aaron to work on Shrek and his play-doh teeth! They have even hired a two year old to be his assistant! It is amazing how far technology has taken us...


Aaron's assistant, Ayden Hutchinson





1 comment:

Jordan said...

Whew!! I was wondering if you guys had dropped off the face of the earth! Just joking, but glad to have an update. So happy about the news, as you know we just can't stop these kids from coming no matter what we do. It all pays off eventually--in moments like yesterday when Seth was concerned about Lucy crying in her crib and he wanted to open her door, I wouldn't let him and he replied, "I want to tell Luce that it's okay". Sibling love...doesn't get much sweeter.

And, sorry they've demoted Aaron to the pla-doh lab!